: Policy: General Property Form
NFIP General Property Form
Quote from FEMA;
The General Property Policy Form may be issued to owners or lessees of non-residential buildings or units, or residential condominium buildings that are uninsurable under the RCBAP.
In communities participating in the NFIP Regular Program* or Emergency Program** the General Property Policy provides building and/or contents coverage for these and similar “other residential” risks:
- Hotel or motel with normal guest occupancy of 6 months or more;
- Apartment building;
- Residential cooperative building;
- Assisted-living facility.
And non-residential risks:
- Shop, restaurant, or other business;
- Mercantile building;
- Grain bin, silo, or other farm building;
- Agricultural or industrial processing facility;
- Poolhouse, clubhouse, or other recreational building;
- House of worship;
- Hotel or motel with normal guest occupancy of less than 6 months;
- Licensed bed-and-breakfast inn;
- Nursing home;
- Non-residential condominium;
- Condominium building with less than 75% of its total floor area in residential use;
- Detached garage;
- Tool shed;
- Stock, inventory, or other commercial contents.