OK. Here I am. Just got my Georgia license (god, what a drag that was!) and ready to make millions I've been in construcion for a few years (roofing estimator) and dealt a lot with claim based construction work. So, I just wanted to hear some advise from you guys, hardened in battles veterans....
So, here we go.
- How do I get in? What should my strategy be? Should I try to get hired by a large insurance company to gain some experience? State Farm? Allstate? Or should I just get on the rosters of as many independents as possible and wait for a lucky day?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a staff adjuster vs independent?
- Is there enough work right now? I hear a lot of older guys are leaving the field. Does that mean, it would be easier for me to find work?
- How much you all guys make? Honestly, is it worth doing what you are doing? How much a typical staff adjuster makes? Independent? In storm situation? In a slow year? In an average year?
- What is better residential or commercial claims? How can I get to work commercial claims?
- Flood and earthquake certifications? Do I need them? Are they beneficial to me at this stage?
- How many licenses should I get? In which states?