From the time I hang up the phone at 9:20AM, Saturday, May 4th I would do the following:
1. Find a hotel in ClaimCity and book a reservation for May 5 - 19.
2. Map driving directions and calculate departure time so as to arrive at hotel 2 hours before JIT meeting.
3. Service vehicle for trip.
4. Pack clothes, tools and office equipment in vehicle.
5. Withdraw cash for trip and make sure debit/credit cards are in my wallet.
7. Arrive at hotel, check in and unload vehicle. Set up office in hotel room.
8. Attend JIT meeting and accept claims.
9. Return to hotel room and map out claims on Microsoft Streets & Trips. Group together in clusters to inspect 4 on Monday and 9 each day thereafter.
10. Monday, May 5, 7:00AM - Begin making 1st contacts and scheduling appointments with insureds who answer and leave inspection information on answering machines with call-back # for assistance. Tell them I will be there during a 2 hour window (give specific hours; i.e. 8-10AM) on the day I have mapped them for. Allow for any emergency inspections that need to be bumped up.
11. Immediately after 58th contact or attempt to contact, begin inspections for Monday.
12. Monday, May 5, 6PM - Attempt to contact insureds who did not answer this morning. Write claims inspected today.
13. Tuesday, May 6, 8AM - Turn in closed claims written last night to office. Inspect claims plotted for today, calling in to the office at 11AM and 4PM. Call any remaining uncontacted insureds and write claims for Tuesday.
14. Wednesday, May 7, 8AM - Turn in closed claims to office, then begin inspections calling office again in the afternoon. Write claims after inspections are complete.
15. Thursday, May 8, 8AM - Turn closed claims to office. Inspect today's claims calling in to office in the afternoon. Write claims after completion of inspections.
16. Friday, May 9, 8AM - Turn in closed claims to office, then inspect claims for Friday calling in to office in the afternoon. Write claims after completion of inspections.
17. Saturday, May 10 - Inspect claims and write them upon completion of inspections.
18. Sunday, May 11 - Inspect claims for the day and do something personal for down time (movie, sightsee, etc.)
19. Monday, May 12, 8AM - Turn in closed claims to office and ask for more if they are available. Continue to write inspected claims and make follow-up calls on any unresolved claim issues.
20. Tuesday, May 13 - Sunday, May 18 - Repeat previous day.
During the inspection and writing progress, I will undoubtedly run into issues that require answers from outside sources regarding policy, coverage, priors, co-insurance, pricing of specialty items and possibly ALE. These issues will be addressed on a daily basis and expedited as soon as possible. When all claims are closd and accepted by carrier, ask for more claims one final time. If there are none, thank everyone I had direct contact with and leave site.