Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2003 :  09:30:12  Show Profile
IntegriClaim Tip & Trick: Personal Contact Library
For those IC users who are using the Contact Activity they know that they can enter in specific contacts for a claim and then record activites with those contacts. An example of this is entering a name of a contractor and then recording a discussion you had with that contractor about a specific claim. What some adjusters do not know is that you can create a library of these contacts and then pull them into other claims. The purpose for this would be for those individuals that you deal with on more than one claim such as contractors, public adjusters, etc. Saving them to a library eliminates the need for you to create these contacts over and over again.
To do this you simply go to the Contacts/Activity tab, click on the New button under the Contact List and click on the Copy Personal Contact. From here, click on New and enter the contact information in for this person. Then, after you save it click Select and bring it into the Contact List for this claim. This contact will now be available to bring into your other claims if needed.
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  08:48:13  Show Profile
IntegriClaim Tip & Trick: Using The Narrative
Happy New Year to all you IntegriClaim users! Here is to the hope we all have a great season both personally and professionally.
I wanted to pass on something about the Narrative text box located on the Loss/Assign tab. The narrative is, as most of you know, the place where the adjuster can describe the loss damage and other pertinent details about the loss. I personally know of many adjusters who use it for more than just describing the loss and may include basic information on type of risk, policy information, etc. What I wanted to pass on was the fact that this Narrative can be printed not only on one of the Standard Reports (The Adjuster Summary) but it can also be included within a Captioned Report. If you are building a captioned report you can add the field by selecting the one named "Loss Narrative". To add it to the Adjuster Summary just click on the option to the far right of that report that says Narrative. It is all about documentation and as a grizzled old adjuster once told me, "If an adjuster has to look over the file reviewers shoulder and explain things then he didn't document his claim correctly." That is my loose paraphase. He used some explitives in there also but I thought it best to leave those out for the forum.
Hope to see some of you guys at NACA and the Wind Network conference.
Go to Top of Page

Manmut

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  10:22:48  Show Profile
Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I seem to be having a problem with the way the Proof of Loss handles amounts in excess of the policy limits. Excess amounts are included in the deductible amounts on the Proof. This has created some problems for me with insureds. Is there any way of addressing this problem? Thanks.

Patrick W. Laws
Go to Top of Page

James J Knight

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  12:14:33  Show Profile
Please send a copy ot us.
Thanks in advance.
James J Knight
Mary A Mason
SolLunaAdjusting@AOL.com

James J Knight
Go to Top of Page

CARTER

1 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  20:28:09  Show Profile
please send me a copy of tips &tricks . thank you gmc
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  13:53:54  Show Profile
IntegriClaim Tip & Trick - Advanced Database Search:
A common question our Tech Support folks get is something along the lines of "Where is blank found in the database?" Many times an item exists within the database but the user has not yet learned how to search for items within the database. Let me show you quickly how to search for database items within IntegriClaim.
When you are within the IntegriClaim Estimate Detail screen and need to find a specific item just put your cursor on the category you are searching (i.e. the roof of the house) and right-click. At the top of the menu that appears is an option called Advanced Search. Click on it. A screen will now appear that will allow you to first choose what databases you want to search and what you want to search for. This search is very much like an Internet search in that the more specific you are the less items in your result screen. For example if you are looking for aluminum windows type in Aluminum Window in the first box called Search. Then, if you are wanting to replace them type in Replace within the Narrow Search box. From here click on the Sub Search button and the results will be shown below with a relevancy percentage indicator. From here you can scroll through and find your item. There is a button called Search Tips which will allow you to narrow your searches down even further.
Once you find the item you wish to choose double-click on it and it will automatically take you back to the Estimate Detail screen and show that item, it's category and material and will have it highlighed, ready for you to add it to the estimate.
Work with the search feature and you will spend a lot less time searching for items and will be able to write your estimates faster.
Go to Top of Page

JimS

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2004 :  14:13:35  Show Profile
Please send me tips and tricks info, I need all the help with Integra Claims I can get, Thanks Jim Shafrath
Go to Top of Page

marthur20

2 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2004 :  18:30:56  Show Profile
Scott - Please send a copy of "tips & tricks" to marthur20@aol.com.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  09:09:27  Show Profile
IntegriClaim Tip & Trick - Report Packages
I was recently visiting one of my clients and was asking them what features they need help understanding. When I asked them about their use of the Report Packages they told me they did not know how they worked. Needless to say they were pleasantly suprised when I took the time to show them how this feature could help them with printing reports out within IntegriClaim.

Report Packages are basically a way for the adjuster to group reports together and print them off with one click of the button versus individually printing each report. I like to call it a Report Macro. The application for the independent adjuster is pretty obvious. If you work for more than one insurance company (which is 99% of you that cruise around on CADO) you know that these companies often time want different reports or the same reports but in a different order. Going into the Report Package Library will allow you to create multiple packages of reports specific to the companies you work for. You can also put packages together based upon the type of loss such as a water loss versus a fire.

To create a Report Package simply go into the System Files, click on the Libraries tab and then on Report Package Library. From here click on New, give the package a name and begin adding the Standard, Captioned, or Special reports(reports related to a company special edition) you want in the package.

One added benefit of these packages is if you happen to generate a Report Package that included a Roof Diagram but the particular claim you generated the packge for does not have a roof diagram, the system will notify you the Roof Sheet report could not be generated because no diagram existed and will not print that report as blank and therefore waste paper.

Do yourself a favor and create these packages and begin using them. You will find it will save you a great deal of time and make printing reports much easier.

Edited by - scottwmsb on 02/23/2004 11:19:59
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  17:27:02  Show Profile
IntegriClaim Tip & Trick: Recording Salvage
There are times that salvage is possible for a claim and needs to be recorded within the claim. The issue always stands that is salvage is being paid to the insured how do you record it within the claim to make the bottom line totals of the claim show correctly. Many adjusters will just put the salvage within one of the rooms within a coverage estimate but IntegriClaim is set up to allow you to record this salvage within the claim and then have it deducted at the end of the claim in an understandable manner.
Open up a claim and click on the Loss/Assign Tab and then click on the Salvage Button. You will notice the Financials screen appear and the Salvage tab will be selected. Click on the New button at the bottom of the screen. A screen will appear allowing you to put in the date, assign a coverage to the salvage, choose the salvage item description and the Salvor (if applicable). Then all you have to do is record the dollar amount and indicate who the salvage amount goes to. If the insured then the amount is deducted from the claim total. If to Insurance Company the salvage is not deducted. Once the salvage item is saved you can even choose to print a Salvage Report with the claim.
If you have to deal with salvage on a claim try this feature and see if it does not help you keep track of salvage easier.
Go to Top of Page

rorunner_77

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  21:09:51  Show Profile
Scott, Please send a copy of "tips and tricks" to rorunner_77@yahoo.com keep up the great help! Thanks, Lynn
Go to Top of Page

catmag

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2004 :  22:28:52  Show Profile
Scott, please send a copy if tricks and tips. Thanks, MaggardWD@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2004 :  19:21:46  Show Profile
IntegriClaim Tip & Trick: Recalculating Estimates
Have you ever written an estimate and only after the estimate was finished and you were going over your work did you find you may have entered in dimensions wrong or the zip code was incorrect and all your prices were based on the wrong one? It happens. If it has happened to you don't worry about having to go in and edit each line item. You have the ability to have the system recalculate your estimates based upon the changes you made.
From the Estimate Detail screen click on the button at the top labeled Recalc. From this screen you first choose if you wish to recalculate just one room or all the rooms in this particular estimate. Then choose the option you wish to recalculate. The most common types of recalculations are already checked at the top but you have options to recalculate based upon database changes, etc. This may save you a lot of time when having to go back and make changes to existing estimates.
Go to Top of Page

Wes

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2004 :  00:31:00  Show Profile
Hello Scott, on the estimate setup screen can you explain the purpose of the button labeled "Change %". I have messed around with this feature before and can see that it changes the estimate totals but how can it apply to any situations were it would be needed. I think it would be a useful feature if it changed the unit pricing accordingly with the estimate totals. Thanks Scott
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  08:40:38  Show Profile
IntegriClaim Tip & Trick - Room Dimensions-Adjustments:
I have a tip that I believe a significant number of users don't know about and it is within the Room Dimensions Screen.
To begin, the entire purpose of the Room Dimensions Screen is to allow the user to put the room and dimensions into the system to have IntegriClaim calculate the amount of square footage, linear footage, etc. for you when writing the estimate. Most of you know about the Adjustment button where you can set up different ceiling adjustments right in the room set-up so you don't have to manually make those adjustments within the Estimate Detail Screen. What a lot of users don't know is that you also have the ability to put in custom adjustments where you DEDUCT quantities from the room. Here is an example.
Let's say you had an upstairs hallway and it had an opening for the stairway. We will also say the stairway opening was 3' x 8'. What you can do right from the Room Dimension screen is click on the Adjustment button and click on New. From here you can type in the words Stairway Opening Adjustment and go to the SF Floor and type in a -24. This way it will take out 24 square feet from any floor related item, eliminating the need for you to have to remember that when writing the estimate.
Hope that is helpful.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000