Posted - 10/02/2003 :  20:09:47  Show Profile
Thank you,always can use extra help.my e-mail is noble@streetmanadjusters.com
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2003 :  19:59:15  Show Profile
IntegriClaim Tip & Trick - Miscellaneous Items
For many years adjusters who used estimating software would handle miscellaneous items simply by creating a room and calling it something like General. They would then enter all of those line items included in the damage estimate that did not neatly fit into the other damage rooms or areas within the claim. Items such as building permits, engineers fees, etc. Many adjusters still use this method within IntegriClaim and there is certainly nothing wrong with handling those items that way. But, there is a feature that allows the adjuster to enter in those types of items into the estimate and have them print out together on the Adjuster Summary Report in an easy to read format.
From the Estimate Set-Up Screen look half-way down on the left side. There is a button there labelled Misc Items. Clicking on it brings up the Miscellaneous Items estimator. Just click on the Add button, go to the Item Description section and hit the drop down arrow. You will see a listing of Miscellaneous Items that come with the database you are using. You can use one of these items or just write in your own. Make sure you assign that item to a specific coverage that you want it to pull against on the estimate. You can even put a total in and then assign a percent value of that total to give you replacement cost. Even further you can depreciate the item, assign O&P and RD settings to it and even assign it a Trade code. You also have the option to enter in an Extended Description that will print under the item on the Adjuster Summary Report.
Try this feature out on one of your estimates and see if it does not nicely group those items that you may have been putting into that "General" room and make for an easier to read report.
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  09:30:03  Show Profile
IntegriClaim Tip: Contact List
Here is one for you that I find is a sleeper feature. It is the ability to create a master contact list for use within all claims. Here is how it works.
On the Contacts/Activity tab within IntegriClaim the user has the ability to add specific individuals into the claim as a contact. This can be someone like a public adjuster, sister of the insured, engineer, etc. The user can then record activities for these individuals on the right side of this screen under the activity section.
These contacts can be saved into a master list and therefore used on more than just one claim. You can first click on the New button which will bring up the Contact screen. Now, by clicking on the button Copy Personal Contact you can create a new contact within the master list and then choose that particular individual on other claims without having to put all of their information in each time. This is very helpful when you work with the same contractor, PA, engineer, etc.
Go to Top of Page

golfer

1 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  16:20:27  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by scottwmsb

I started this forum this past weekend under an existing topic but I thought I would make a special one to make sure those adjusters using IntegriClaim and are interested can find it.
MSB has conducted a great deal of IntegriClaim Advanced classes and we have typically found that many adjusters who use the software might not be using it to its fullest potential. I believe that any estimating software can be fast once the adjuster learns the 'short-cuts' that are within the software. IntegriClaim is not exception
I recently conducted two days of advanced training (two - one-day classes) with a Florida client of MSB's and at the end of each session the adjusters all expressed that what I had showed them would save them anywhere from one to two hours a day in estimate writing!! Wow! That adds up and especially with a hurricane bearing down on the U.S. it would make a big difference to an adjusters productivity. That is why I thought I would share this information.
I have put together a Word document that I have entitled "IntegriClaim Estimating Tips & Tricks" that I have begun to give some of my clients. It outlines what I have found to be some of the most important short-cuts within IntegriClaim that help adjusters become faster on the software. It is not a step-by-step how to document but rather one that makes users aware of those features the other adjusters think are powerful parts of IntegriClaim.
Since I cannot post this document on CADO I will try to put each item into this post one at a time. The only problem is the screen shots I have put into this document won't come out on these forums. If you are interested in a copy of the document with screen shots contact me via e-mail and I will gladly e-mail you a copy.
Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to read this. Take care and best of luck during hurricane season guys!
Scott Wiens

Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2003 :  07:19:10  Show Profile
IntegriClaim Tip: Quick Claim Entry Screen
About two years ago a feature was placed into IntegriClaim called the Quick Claim Entry Screen. The purpose of it was to allow the user to either enter claims into IC using either the Begin A New Claim screen (comprehensive screen) or this new screen called the Quick Claim Entry screen (abbreviated screen). Basically it give the user the ability to put in a limited amount of information to save a claim. It is faster and easier to use although it does not capture some information such as policy effective dates that you may want on your claim.
If you want to experiment with this feature just go up to Options and Preferences within IC. It should default you to the Banner tab. From here go to the bottom and un-check the option titled Always Use "Advanced" For New Claim then click Save. Experiment with it and see if it works for you. It could save you some time in entering claims into your system.

Edited by - scottwmsb on 10/10/2003 07:30:07
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2003 :  13:44:22  Show Profile
IntegriClaim Tip: Report Headers
Many adjusters using IntegriClaim simply print off the standard reports as they default with the system. The reality of the independent adjuster's job is that the more description you can give on reports to justify the estimate settlement the less calls you get from file reviewers, claims managers, etc. To this end I feel the Report Header feature is a real asset to the IntegriClaim user in the field.
The Report Header is a customizable text header that can be added to appear on specific Standard Reports such as The Short Form, The Adjuster Summary, The Statement of Loss, and The Claim Summary. You can access the Claim Header library by going to Options on the menu bar and then clicking Preferences. Choose the Defaults-2 tab and the Claim Header selection and library is located there. You can choose a default header from the examples that come with IntegriClaim or you can create headers here. Since Claim Headers work off of the same concept as the captioned reports you can even pull in fields from the claim itself and have it auto fill. This is a great feature that will allow you to document even more thoroughly your Standard reports within IntegriClaim.
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2003 :  20:54:27  Show Profile
IntegriClaim Tip & Trick: How To Stop the Darn Spinning House and Music When You Open Up IntegriClaim
I have to laugh as I type this entry. Partly because I and a couple of other guys at the old DDS had a part in the selection of the music that plays when you start up IntegriClaim. That was quite some time ago and in our defense it sounded pretty catchy the first time we heard it. In spite of that it sure got old quick.
If you want the house and/or the music to not come on when you open up IntegriClaim just click on Options in the menu bar and then Preferences. Go to the System Tab. In the top left-hand section of the screen is an option titled Show Movie at Startup for XX Seconds. If that option is checked and the seconds are set at zero that house will spin indefinetely. If the option is checked and the seconds are set at anything but zero the house will spin for the alloted number of seconds. You can also choose the Random option which will randomly pull up either the residential or commerical video file when the program is opened. The option Include Sound is self-explanatory. I know this is not a big insightful tip but for those that are tired of listening to our taste in music this tip will go a long way I am sure.
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  21:58:25  Show Profile
IntegriClaim Tip - Recording Prior Payments:
Many times the adjuster in the field may have the ability to write a check in the field to the insured and wants that payment recorded and noted on the reports. This can be done by going to the Loss/Assign Tab within a claim within IntegriClaim. There is a section in the middle of the Loss/Assign Tab called Financials. To record a prior payment click on the button called Prior Payment and then go down to the bottom of the screen. The manner in which a prior payment is recorded is by recording the details of the check that was given the insured. Click on the button titled New Check and fill in the information. You will notice that the system asks you to record the total that was paid to each individual coverages. This is to make sure the correct amount is taken off of each coverage. Record the totals and then click Save.
If you open the Adjuster Summary report you will notice the additional line in the summary at the end of the report indicating what the Prior Payment was.
Again, this is just another way in which IntegriClaim allows the adjusters to document their claims in a more detailed fashion.
Go to Top of Page

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  00:24:44  Show Profile
For any of you folk doing commercial and using a full name on the banner screen. DO NOT us a long name there! It will not work in the commercial valuator. You will get a "processing mouse" error and it won't be there if you need to go back and change anything after you add all the fields. I have sent this and other problems to tech support but have not heard anything back from them.
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  09:24:01  Show Profile
IntegriClaim Tip: Trading Macros Between Adjusters
Macros are one of the most powerful features within IntegriClaim. The one thing to remember is that macros are specific to a database, which is to say, if you are using the legacy Boeckh Databases (i.e. Orlando Residential) and create a macro within that database you could not use that macro within a different database (i.e. Dallas Residential). Now, with the new MSB Market Cost Database that has just been released this problem is not an issue because you will now only have one database with a zip code factoring within it.
Regardless of what database you are using macros can be shared. A typical scenario may go something like this: Two adjusters are sitting at dinner talking and one tells the other about the 45 great floor macros they created within IntegriClaim and how they help him write estimates so quickly. The other replys that he wishes he could have those macros in his database. The only way he could get them is if the adjuster who created them within that specific database exported the database and gave it to the other adjuster. There is one other option.
What the original adjuster can do is create a claim with the insured name something like "Macros - Orlando Residential", go into the estimate for the claim and create a coverage A and then put in rooms with the names of the various macros they adjuster wants to transfer. They would then have a coverage A with rooms that have the room description reading something like 16" Cermanic Tile Macro or Average Quality Vinyl Flooring Replacement Macro. The adjuster would then apply the specific macro to coincide with the room of the same name. Then he would just export the claim and pass it on to the user who wants the macros.
Once the adjuster who wants these macros has imported this claim into their IntegriClaim they would go into the Estimate Detail screen within the claim and, with the correct database selected, highlight the first claim and click on Room Macros. They would then make sure the correct category was highlighted and click on the option From Room and give the macro a description. This will add the items from the room into that macro and create that macro within your database.
Use this procedure to trade databases between IntegriClaim systems without having to send the entire database. Good luck!

Edited by - scottwmsb on 10/29/2003 09:25:57
Go to Top of Page

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2003 :  21:33:39  Show Profile
Scott, the new feature that separates the labor and material prices on the roofing line and prints out two lines on the estimate is doing nothing but creating problems in the field for adjusters. Every contractor wants to argue about the detail. I called and was told that there is no way to turn this monster off. PLEASE keep the program to operate as what you see on the screen is what you get on the print out.
Go to Top of Page

ncabryan

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2003 :  16:20:55  Show Profile
quote:

I started this forum initally under an existing topic but I thought I would make a special one to make sure those adjusters using IntegriClaim and are interested can find it.
MSB has conducted a great deal of IntegriClaim Advanced classes and we have typically found that many adjusters who use the software might not be using it to its fullest potential. I believe any estimating software can be fast once the adjuster learns the 'short-cuts' that are within the software. IntegriClaim is no exception
I recently conducted two days of advanced training (two, one-day classes) with a Florida client of MSB's and at the end of each session the adjusters all expressed to me that what I had showed them would save them anywhere from one to two hours a day in estimate writing and claim management tasks!! Wow! When I realized this information was going to help them out that much I thought I would share this information with the CADO adjusters who use IntegriClaim.
I have put together a Word document entitled "IntegriClaim Estimating Tips & Tricks" that I have begun to give some of my clients. It outlines what I have found to be some of the most important short-cuts within IntegriClaim that help adjusters become faster and more proficient on the software. It is not a step-by-step, how-to document but rather one that makes users aware of those features the other adjusters think are powerful parts of IntegriClaim.
Since I cannot post this Word document on CADO I will try to put each item into this post one at a time. The only problem is the IntegriClaim screen shots I have put into this document to help illustrate these features won't come out on the CADO forums. If you are interested in a copy of the document with screen shots contact me via e-mail and I will gladly e-mail you a copy.
Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to read this. Take care and best of luck using IntegriClaim!
Scott Wiens

Corporate Development Manager
Go to Top of Page

scc02357

2 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  11:37:22  Show Profile
quote:

I started this forum initally under an existing topic but I thought I would make a special one to make sure those adjusters using IntegriClaim and are interested can find it.
MSB has conducted a great deal of IntegriClaim Advanced classes and we have typically found that many adjusters who use the software might not be using it to its fullest potential. I believe any estimating software can be fast once the adjuster learns the 'short-cuts' that are within the software. IntegriClaim is no exception
I recently conducted two days of advanced training (two, one-day classes) with a Florida client of MSB's and at the end of each session the adjusters all expressed to me that what I had showed them would save them anywhere from one to two hours a day in estimate writing and claim management tasks!! Wow! When I realized this information was going to help them out that much I thought I would share this information with the CADO adjusters who use IntegriClaim.
I have put together a Word document entitled "IntegriClaim Estimating Tips & Tricks" that I have begun to give some of my clients. It outlines what I have found to be some of the most important short-cuts within IntegriClaim that help adjusters become faster and more proficient on the software. It is not a step-by-step, how-to document but rather one that makes users aware of those features the other adjusters think are powerful parts of IntegriClaim.
Since I cannot post this Word document on CADO I will try to put each item into this post one at a time. The only problem is the IntegriClaim screen shots I have put into this document to help illustrate these features won't come out on the CADO forums. If you are interested in a copy of the document with screen shots contact me via e-mail and I will gladly e-mail you a copy.
Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to read this. Take care and best of luck using IntegriClaim!
Scott Wiens

Go to Top of Page

scc02357

2 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  12:17:07  Show Profile
Please email tips & tricks to scc02357@mail.wvnet.edu
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

okclarryd

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  14:47:33  Show Profile
I've been using DDS for years and always learn new stuff. Send me a copy of your tip sheet and I'll forever be grateful. Or, I'll buy ya a beer.

OKCLARRYD@AOL.COM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000