Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  21:16:53  Show Profile
Rick Archer (ciri93), made a post in the "Show me the money" thread, claiming that "Don Gowdy (i.e Dgowdy) and Pilot 48 (i.e. Lee Baker)" were one and the same individual; and some review indicates all at the same time.

It just aggravates the hell out of me to think there is more of this in this zoo; especially if one takes the time to review some of the "Pilot 48 / Baker" posts close by the "Dgowdy" posts.

Why does this web site allow this to happen? What controls are in place, if there is any attempt to prevent it?

I don't mind the "ciri93's", "old dirt piles", or even "grab your wisdom"; if you can go to that user profile and think you are getting some semblance of reality of whose post you are reading or who you are responding to. Is that not a fundamental of human nature, and dare I say our profession - we want to know who we are communicating with?

This is just pure crap, if there is any depth to what Rick has told us, on this website. There is little wonder why people are treated with such little respect or common courtesy.

To post anything that one thinks has or had thought behind it or some studied reason or logic, is a waste of time; because this type of jerk around soils everyone's credibility.

A review of the CADO "members list", shows "Dgowdy" as a member since 9/17/03, and "Pilot48" as a member since 10/21/02.

A review of the CADO "roster" has nothing for "Don Gowdy" but has an entry for "Lee Baker" which was last updated 10/14/03.

A review of the CADO "resume" has nothing for either of the "names".

All "Dgowdy" posts seem to be numbered as #14.

In the "Show me the money" thread, "Pilot 48" posted 10/21 @17.39, 10/24 @08.50, and 10/26 @22.13; while "Dgowdy" posted 11/5 @23.57 and 11/6 @00.28 - then there is Rick's revelation of 11/6 @19.23.

Then (you wonder why I am "urinated" - but this particular paragraph only made me want to post my frustrations), in the "Non US Adjuster" thread, started by "Pilot48" - he makes a general opening question on 9/16. I made a long, open and detailed answer on 9/17 @08.56. "Pilot 48" thanked me for that on 9/17 @09.17; but "Dgowdy" ripped hell out of my attempt on 9/17 @15.51 and again at 18.22.

"Dgowdy" again posts to the "Newbie .... carrier vs IA" thread, and the "Sponsorship" thread on 11/5 @23.29, where he guilds Jim Flynt's "lilly".

A person doesn't need to be called a liar or an idiot on this website (which has been said of me) to not have any credibility on this website. If what Rick says is factual, the whole place is a make believe mini Disney.

Why do you tolerate that? People come to this site to share or gain information. How can that information from any of us have any credibility if this website allows the type of activity that Rick has brought to our attention?

Very few people on this site can carry anonymity, and in my opinion, in the two years that I lingered here, they have earned the respect sufficient to allow that to carry on unchallenged.

catmanager

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  21:34:02  Show Profile
I agree. I have my real name, where I live and phones numbers/email posted. Tom mentioned tonight in Chat, and many agreed, that we MUST raise the bar or credibility is lost. (not his exact words).

It is fun to try and figure out who some are (where's the ghost?)and they are entertaining, knowledgeable, but for many others, not posting their name is just cowardly.

These people would not talk to each other face to face or even by phone to another human this way, but somehow here they think it is OK.

I have been tempted to say things I knew I shouldn't so I didn't (because I use my real name). I am probably better off for it. I think the days are near that this site moves to real members with real accountability with limited access.

OK, just spent my first evening in the chat room, everyone was NICE. It was refreshing.

Don't get discouraged, Mr. Clayton. Let's see what admin has to say about the challenges he will face in restricting access or weeding out the dishonest ones.

Maybe he can bar multiple ID's or track the email addresses used or ban certain users or create a penalty box (temporary restriction) or, or, or
Go to Top of Page

dswink

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  22:23:44  Show Profile
I agree as well. I would really like to know who I'm communicating with in here. I had my identity questioned recently and I frankly don't have anything to hide. My advice on posting for what it's worth: If you couldn't say it to your Mama then don't say it to anyone else. Just a thought from the silent majority.
Go to Top of Page

Admin

547 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  22:40:44  Show Profile
In the last of couple of days I have seen a lot comments about the site and the type of post that are being made. I do appreciate the feedback and suggestions and I do understand the frustrations.

Here are some of the things that are currently in place.
1) During the registration process a "Real Name" is requested.
2) We do ban users, right now we have about 15 banned user accounts.
3) A banned user cannot use the same email account to register for a new account.
4) A working email address is required. A new user cannot login if they do not provide a working email address.
5) New registrations are subject to approval. A lot of accounts do not get approved.

Also, we do offer a forum where real names are know, the "Member's Den", for paid members.
We can also offer a forum where a "Roster or Resume" entry is required.

We are working on a new forum area where we can restrict the posters to just those that provide a Name. You can give it a try by following this link, http://www.catadjuster.org/forum2/

Roy Cupps -
CatAdjuster.org :: Contact\Feedback :: Adjuster Roster :: Current Forum
Go to Top of Page

katadj

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  23:57:46  Show Profile
Having been a subscriber here since 1995, it would seem that the problems that face Roy, despite all human efforts, go seemingly un-noticed by those that choose to use this URL as a play ground.

Roy has done more for this particular profession than all of us put together, (IMHO).

The continual bickering, chastising and genuine asinine behavior of some, to the detriment of all lends credence to the adage "One bad apple can spoil the barrel".

Some of us will still visit, contribute, educate, assist, inform and behave; the others can find their own way to ruin.

Edited by - katadj on 11/06/2003 23:59:13
Go to Top of Page

deleted

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  05:36:08  Show Profile
Donna, aren't you being hypocritical after the Guest 98 fiasco the other night...I know it's your husband's other account, but come on get real...Roy, as for the info/profile page I'm sure if you check the DonGowdy/Pilot48/Lee Baker info you'll find that the Gowdy info is fictious and the Pilot48/Lee Baker resume has been altered and now is not correct...just a heads up...Rick

Edited by - deleted on 11/07/2003 05:50:10
Go to Top of Page

jlombardo

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  05:58:15  Show Profile
I need to put my two cents in here.....I agree with Marc and feel that EVERYONE must identify themselves fully....The arguement that "I work for a company and...etc." does not hold water...If you feel that a post would offend your employer, then do not write the post....We are held accountable for the claims that we adjust.....So why can we not be accoutable and identifiable to our peers on this site??? It would stop a lot of the useless and hateful things posted and would get us a little more on track to that elusive destination of "Professionalism"......
Roy,
Thank you for all your hard work in maintaining this site, WE DO APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORTS..
Best,
I am Joe Lombardo Jr.
Go to Top of Page

Ghostbuster

476 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  08:13:02  Show Profile
Here we are back in the Twilight Zone/Deja-vu-ville again.

I do not know the faces of anyone here, yet I consider all of you my friends. Who I am, who you are, who anyone is, is not the important issue. The important issue is what we write. It is our writing that identifies us to each other and to the the world looking into this clubhouse.

We, as a group, have created a rare and quite special place here thru our prosaic efforts. In this brave new world, we have reverted to a bygone era when communication by 'men of letters' such as Poe, Shelley, Shaw, Byron, Franklin, etal, produced volumes of letters, notes, and missives reflecting their views on the world around them. Modern scholars continue to delve into those stacks of prose and marvel at their content in an effort to comprehend those times and the influences evidenced by the writers.

Fellow members of my species, that is what we do here in this, our masquerade ball of CADO. We are, via the miracle of instant communication, producing volumes of material that is relevant to the insurance industry in a way other venues of publication like Claims Magazine or Insurance Journal.com cannot compete. They cannot because our immediacy of interaction. And, (here's the bonus point), our writing is of a superior caliber rivaling the paid professional wordsmiths in not only quality, but quantity and relevance. We have some absolutly superb folks hanging out here with unique personalities from various backgrounds and viewpoints. No need to identify them as, again, who they actually are behind the mask is not important. Only what they write is important.

Who is Jim Flynt? Who is Clayton Carr? Who is Joe Lombardy? Who is Dave Hood? Who am I? Who are you? Who is that man behind the mask? It doesn't matter...

It is only our writing that matters.
Go to Top of Page

jlombardo

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  08:39:15  Show Profile
GB..
Point taken....But most of us are not a "Poe, Shelly, Shaw etc." and I think that if we never get to meet "eyeball to eyeball" our relationships can be enhanced by having some REAL information about each other..---names, geographic location, interests, etc.---this would establish more rapport and a more fluid exchange of ideas......
Go to Top of Page

deleted

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  08:47:49  Show Profile
Sorry Ghostbuster, I don't agree with the aspect of "It is only our writing that matters". I do know some of the people on this website by "face" and can trust who they say they are when they post. However, others who have invented dual personas so that they may take both sides of an issue have muddied the waters. What must be asked is, what kind of people are they?. Do they take on dual personas in real life? What does this say about their overall character? I think Clayton had it correct in his post...Rick (one of one).
Go to Top of Page

Ghostbuster

476 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  08:52:58  Show Profile
Any more fluid and it would be diarrhoea of the mind. Like a good and proper bowel movement, mental processing takes time to form and flow. What we seek to produce here are prosaic horse apples that are good fertilizer for the roses of soul. What we don't want are runny pig droppings that are just so much S---.

With that, I'm going to have my cup of coffee and a bowl of grits.
Go to Top of Page

Ghostbuster

476 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  09:00:56  Show Profile
Yep, Ciri93, those psychotic split personalities also always do themselves in thru their accumulated inconsistencies in their writing. Doesn't take a Freud to see that.

Oh, Joseph, don't sell yourself short as to your capabilities.
Go to Top of Page

dswink

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  10:20:22  Show Profile
Rick, I don't appreciate you calling me a hypocrit because you were confused about who's post you were reading. I don't owe you any explanation but I have a few minutes to kill. I don't spend alot of time in this forum and when I do come here it's to get info. not to be drawn into a mud wrestling match with someone who has too much time on their hands. As I stated before, I have nothing to hide, I have no need for multiple identities, that's not hypocritical,it's just fact. If you want to get into a name calling match you'll have to get someone else, I'm just too busy.

By the way I don't know if you remember but we met face to face once in Norfolk.

Good Luck
Donna
Go to Top of Page

ChuckDeaton

USA
373 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  15:48:40  Show Profile
Fortunately I am no wordsmith, but I am ChuckDeaton in this forum and in life, Charles Frank Deaton, when my momma is hollering for me.

The problem is like washing a hog, when finished you have one clean hog but what about the rest of the hogs. The only way to insure clean hogs, on this forum, is to shut it down. I, for one, am against that.
Go to Top of Page

ChuckDeaton

USA
373 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  15:51:23  Show Profile
And to Clayton, hang in there, if no one else appreciates you, I do. And to Roy, keep up the good work.
Go to Top of Page

catmanager

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  18:12:57  Show Profile
Roy does deserve a lot of appreciation!!!

He's got mine!!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000