Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

HighwayHome

1 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2002 :  17:45:49  Show Profile
Hello Insurance Pros:

If you are looking for an Insurance Industry web site directory with numerous links and categories, please visit the following page

http://www.highwayhome.com/headingpages/insurance.html

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2002 :  22:44:02  Show Profile
Came across an interesting article in the Las Vegas Review Journal which many may find of interest. The link is enclosed below.

http://www.lvrj.com/lvrj_home/2002/Apr-24-Wed-2002/business/18591724.html

Who says there aren't big bucks in gambling?

Edited by - JimF on 12/11/2002 22:56:36
Go to Top of Page

olderthendirt

USA
370 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2002 :  23:18:09  Show Profile
Interesting and I hear he lost the Farm also.
Go to Top of Page

Gale

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2002 :  02:06:15  Show Profile
Guess I should stop fretting over that roll of quarters. :)
Go to Top of Page

Ghostbuster

476 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2002 :  16:18:45  Show Profile
All right, sportsfans... let's check the scoreboard.

About a year ago or so we learned how little Kirk Eberl got hammered by the Federal Tax court for an unGodly amount. Now we have our 'bama boy Curtis being wrung out and hung up to dry.

My, my, the higher we fly, the further we fall. I too, like everyone else, has feet of clay and daily must relearn the lessons of life, but c'mon guys, $2.4 million? What must Momma Elizabeth have thought and said at Sunday lunch?

So...who's it agonna be next? Howz about you, Darryl? What's your weakness...Flashy cars?, Flashy blondes?, Flashy boats or airplanes? Or how about our quiet and humble pal, Gene Renfroe? What forces of life will cause you to stumble?

(Now that my psychotropic medications have been adjusted, I feel much better and can function with the paranoia in an effective manner. They're still out to get me, but now I just don't care.)
Go to Top of Page

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2002 :  19:07:31  Show Profile
Here is a link to the IRS court case against Kirk Eberl, which Ghostbuster mentioned, for those who missed it.

http://www.kscourts.org/ca10/cases/2001/05/99-9033.htm

Edited by - JimF on 12/12/2002 19:15:51
Go to Top of Page

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2002 :  19:14:51  Show Profile
Here is a link to a story about Kirk Eberl's tax problems, which is entitled Greed Isn't Good, which appeared in Entrepreneur Magazine under the subtitle Chalk One Up For The IRS.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/Magazines/Copy_of_MA_SegArticle/0,4453,278606----2-,00.html

Edited by - JimF on 12/12/2002 19:16:43
Go to Top of Page

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2002 :  19:20:11  Show Profile
Ghostbuster: Darryl's weakness is betting on the LSU rugby club. Mike Worley's too! Or was that bayou duck hunting?

Maybe we better snoop behind Jim Lakes? Oops, I forgot, I wasn't supposed to mentioned snooping what with the paranoia and drugs and all.....

Have you checked under your bed for those purple spiders?

But Uncle Ghostbuster, since it is so near Christmas time, puh-leeze tell us your updated version of Charles Dickens' "Christmas Story" one more time before you completely lose it!

Edited by - JimF on 12/12/2002 22:16:47
Go to Top of Page

Ghostbuster

476 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2002 :  23:13:30  Show Profile
In that tale of lifes-lessons-learned, Scrooge actually does learn his lesson. But, in the ugly here & now, will our heroes learn anything? Will they repent? Will the sun start to rise in the west and set in the east?

And, where does Tiny Tim with his infirmities fit into our brave new world...are each of us playing out that character? Or, are we closer in sympathy with the various spectres that seek to drive the point home?

From my viewpoint, I sort of sympathise with Curtis in the sense that he is being dealt some cards from the slickest dealer there is, Mr Fate. And a cold and low hand it is...let's sneak a peek at your hand there, Curtis. Uh-oh, it don't look so good there, boy. Your first card is the Getting-kind-of-older card, next is the Divorce card. Yeah, that one is a bummer. Then there is the Loose-all-your-lawsuits card, ya got a pair of those. Finally, your wild card is the Foibles-of-mankind card.

Whew! Curtis, welcome to middle age! Just remember when playing this game of life, the lower the stakes, the less to loose. Many of us have learned that the less we have, the more we enjoy it. The simple life. That's one of the keys that opens the door to bliss.
Go to Top of Page

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2002 :  23:30:41  Show Profile
Ghost how many women could one buy in a Nevada brothel for Two and a Half Mil?

I know that is a lot of claims but someone has to be doing a whole lotta screwing............

The only question is WHO is getting screwed?
Go to Top of Page

Gale

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2002 :  00:45:28  Show Profile
Did they not get their $2.4 million loan back within like a week in a way? Did they serve him any mind altering liquids at no charge? Years ago I served on a Grand Jury. A rent-to-own store manager came in wanting charges brought against a guy that left town with a TV of his. When the facts came out the store had already received 3X the selling price. There just were not enough votes to make the guy stand trial. Too bad Curtis did not get to take his case to a jury. Yet how could a guy risk $2.5 million when he knew he had less than a 20% chance of leaving with any of it? Something does not add up here because he could have learned that fact with a roll of quarters. :)

Edited by - Gale on 12/13/2002 00:48:38
Go to Top of Page

Ghostbuster

476 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2002 :  08:17:37  Show Profile
Minor point, Jim, at the Bunny Ranch, women may be 'rented', not bought.

That these vendors are able to afford such judgements illustrates the lucrative nature of being a vendor. It also provides the motive why so many aspiring vendors keep popping up to oversaturate the market, as Clayton as pointed out. The fee split at 60/40 or 65/35 or '?' multiplied by the number of losses in a hurricane can make a vendor a millionaire in one big hurry. Case in point is Curtis' daddy, Walter. All he had when he stormed into that State Farm office with their stacks of unassigned claims, was a purloined rolladex of adjuster names and phone numbers. Six weeks later, the Pilot family was on easy street. But, with fortune comes temptation from the seven deadly sins that serve one with comeuppance.

To begrudge our vendors their wealth is not fair. The fee split they get provides us with a salesman going after the carriers. What must ALWAYS be remembered is that without us, they would still be just a lawn service and their wives driving a smokey old Ford Falcon. And, conversely, without the vendor, each of us would be a puny little speck trying to deal with the carrier bullies. Strength in numbers is the key. Their must be balance here, folks. Neither side, (us or the vendor), can allow an inflated ego to obscure the basic equation of who is stirring the pot. Our common goal is putting us all to work.

But enough prostelyizing, with this episode we are seeing the human weakness of poor Curtis Pilot. He is going thru the same lifes lessons we all do. Come over here and set a spell, Curtis. We all can tell you our tales of woe, too.
Go to Top of Page

olderthendirt

USA
370 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2002 :  13:36:08  Show Profile
Gee Ghost you mkay not be on the Pilot A list anymore..
Go to Top of Page

Ghostbuster

476 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2002 :  22:36:47  Show Profile
'A' list??? Since I did not play rugby at LSU or be a soccer coach for any of the Pilot kids or attend high school with any of the Eberls, I guess I'm not on any 'A' list. I'm just a shaggy butt storm trooper like the rest of you'uns out there.

It must be kinda nice to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth, all I got was a plastic spork, and it broke.
Go to Top of Page

olderthendirt

USA
370 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2002 :  22:55:09  Show Profile
and I thought you were born with a tin spife in your er mouth.
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2002 :  11:07:20  Show Profile
Absolutely amazing stories in the links.

Ghost, aside from your editorial clarification of the merchandising arrangements at the Bunny House, your comments are too kind relative to the issue of "grudge".

There seems to be an excessive amount of fat left on the vendor plate, with the indpendent contractor ladling 40% of the gravy value of the meal to the vendor; however that is the unavoidable by-product of a subcontractor relationship.

It is reasonably understandable to me now why so many vendors are jockeying for position at this trough, that bears the fruits of high margins.

But, if that relationship needs to continue between independent contractors and vendors, the stories referred to give some support that a 30/70 split of revenue is quite equitable.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000