Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

rr

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  14:46:24  Show Profile
Mr. Cupps
Thank you for this site. I enjoy checking in and I would like to pay you something for all of the time and efforts you must put into it. I just don’t like to pay with credit cards and if you would e-mail an address and amount I will get a check into the mail right away. [Heard that before I bet]

I for one will use your new system to delete post made by certain folks. Seems to me a few causes all of the problems and is there anyway to give 3 strikes and your out?

I noticed the forum “Fires in Cal” someone kept asking updates and I really never saw many because of all of the negative things about going to California.

The same folks keep taking over the forums and sidetracking it. I for one am tired of it and I know I could start watching soaps on TV instead but would rather not since never started.

I would like you to take the guys/girls who make the most post and start a poll who do you want to stop posting?

JUST MY FEELING ONLY

Mr. Carr very helpful on a lot of subjects however to deep often

Ghost never really understand to many of you post however enjoy some

Cat daddy I feel you know what is going on in the storm however staff and not really knowing the independent situation is.

Whoever this week? Grow up Jim you have in the past posted some good information. Keep it short and go back to your old name.

Just my thoughts Ladies and Gentlemen for what ever it is worth.

Ron Resnik
Missouri

Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  15:26:20  Show Profile
Hi Ron, I enjoyed your timely post and your critique of some of us within CADO.

You raised a subject, that in another way and in another medium, came to my attention last night. Could you please elaborate on your comment about my posts? I am serious about the question, and would appreciate your frank and as detailed a reply that you (or anyone else) wish to make here in this thread, about your comment ".... however too deep often". I am not out to try and abuse myself, but it is important to me to understand your perspective on my posting, so if there is improvement necessary I can consider that and then determine how to not be "too deep often". I have no intention of posting any commentary, if it is viewed as redundant, "too deep", or worse as has been suggested. I certainly didn't set out to frame myself in that light. Look forward to hearing your further views.
Go to Top of Page

CatDaddy

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  16:12:54  Show Profile
Ron, thank you for including me in your comments. You are correct in that I only know the “independent situation” with the carrier I work for and the vendors we contract with. I know next to nothing about the relationship independents have with others carriers and vendors. No need for me to but I am sure it affects the content of my posts due to my having only one perspective. Good point.

Now within that scope, I now everything about ours IAs. Who we are going to contract with, the pay schedule, who is next on rotation, who is going to what storm, what percentage of IAs vs staff we are going to use, the guidelines to use to evaluate IAs work, who is on the bubble, who are the big money makers and who are the coasters. Etc, etc.

Anyway, gotta run. Hi Tom!

CD
Go to Top of Page

LISA.ADAIR

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  19:00:36  Show Profile
I received this in E-mail yesterday and as I reviewed the Forum tonight I felt like under the circumstances it would be appropriate to copy it here. Sometimes we need to be reminded about what is really important in life.

God Is at the Window

There was a little boy visiting his grandparents on their farm. He was given a slingshot to play with out in the woods. He practiced out in the woods, but he could never hit the target. Getting a little discouraged, he headed back for dinner.

As he was walking back, he saw Grandma's pet duck. Just out of impulse, he let the slingshot fly, hit the duck square in the head, and killed it. He was shocked and grieved. In a panic, he hid the dead duck back behind the wood pile, only to see his sister watching. Sally had seen it all, but she said nothing.

After lunch the next day Grandma said, "Sally, let's wash the dishes." But Sally said, "Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the kitchen." Then she whispered to him, "Remember the duck?" So Johnny did the dishes.

Later that day, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing and Grandma said, "I'm sorry but I really need Sally to help make supper." Sally just smiled and said," Well that's all right because Johnny told me he wanted to help. She whispered again, "Remember the duck?" So Sally went fishing and Johnny stayed to help.

After several days of Johnny doing both his chores and Sally's, he finally couldn't stand it any longer. He went to Grandma and
confessed that he had killed the duck. Grandma knelt down, gave him a hug, and said, "Sweetheart, I know. You see, I was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing. But because I love you, I forgave
you. I was just wondering how long you would let Sally make a slave of you."

Thought for the day and everyday hereafter:

Whatever is in your past, whatever you have done -- and the devil keeps throwing it up in your face (lying, debt, fear, hatred, anger,
unforgiveness, bitterness, etc.) ---whatever it is, you need to know that God was standing at the window and He saw the whole thing. He
has seen your whole life. He wants you to know that He loves you and that you are forgiven. He's just wondering how long you will let the
devil make a slave of you.

The great thing about God is that when you ask for forgiveness, He not only forgives you, but He forgets. It is by God's Grace and Mercy that we are saved.

Share this with a friend and always remember... God is at the window!

LISA MARIE ADAIR
http://home.att.net/~adjusterservices/LISA.html
Character is doing what's right, even when no one is looking!
Go to Top of Page

Ghostbuster

476 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  07:41:06  Show Profile
Thank you, Lisa, for this uplifting spiritual note. However, It may well have been better placed in the 'Prayer & Praise' thread.

You see, this is the 'Hellfire, Damnation, & Brimstone' thread. All hope has been abandoned to we who enter here.
Go to Top of Page

rr

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  11:43:56  Show Profile
Mr.Carr

In response to your inquiry covering my comments on “however too deep often” I feel I used the wrong choice of wording and in no way intended to cause offense.

First of all as far as I am concerned you contribute very much to this site and enjoy your post very often. You provide a great amount of information for all adjusters.

Anyone having a question usually gets a response from you, which is a good thing.

I meant to say, “sometimes to long.”

Just my thoughts and keep posting giving help. But don’t get into fights with Jim.

Ron Resnik
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  12:11:04  Show Profile
Ron, thanks for your response, I was starting to wonder whether you had pushed the "ignore button". I never thought or considered in any way that your critique was offensive.

We all need critical analysis from time to time from our peers, and a normal part of that in business and personal life is constructive critique.

I don't post for want of something better to do, I post because I care and want to contribute; as I slide all too quickly down the slippery twilight pole of life.

Other than my propensity to defend those that are attacked or ridculed, I try in my conscious mind to fully explain any commentary I offer on subjects I choose to respond to. Although I am a hokie from a distant land, claims has been the core of all I have done since 1969, and the exploration and explanation of "detail" has been ground into my fingers as a prerequisite to get the facts on the table or sell a settlement. In a claims environment, perhaps more with "full adjust" day to day claims, one doesn't want to be criticized for lack of detail or explanation.

Anyway, so far, I'm hearing - "too textbook like", "sometimes too long" - and those will be tough for me to curb, but I'll try, but I must admit I am a bit gun shy at the moment to post substantive commentary, other than this soul search type of thing.

It is two other critiques I received from a person, whose opinion I respect, that causes me much more concern; that I have to come to terms with then consider how to apply it in this assessment which you brought to us.

Anyway, thanks again for bringing this to the surface and my attention.

Just have to add by edit the gist of an email I recently received from an active member of this community, that hit the nail right on the head for me concerning the two identified critiques; one that I can relate to and one that I have heard often enough and understand and can apply to this situation - "sometimes 10 photos will nicely document a file, while 14 is a bit much". Thanks big fella, for making that analogy for me.

Edited by - CCarr on 11/12/2003 14:00:33
Go to Top of Page

rr

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  14:15:24  Show Profile
Clayton
I would never push “the” button on you. I might think about it if I was your beneficiary and you had a living will.

Please don’t beat yourself up on my post. I fully realize you do care for the fellow adjuster and want to help all you can and don’t stop.

I can see that you are a very detailed person and as far as the pole goes I am right behind and catching up quickly.

I am not sure if I can get this point across right I sometimes wonder in reading not only your post but a lot of other ‘older, experienced adjusters that we are scaring the hell of several adjusters?

They post a question and here we go off into the legal areas insurance etc.

I think we miss the “good old days” of making money no real paperwork loyalty knowing that you would work and enjoying your time off.

I also think you and I along with several others realize that that this is a thing of the past and will never come back and might be somewhat bitter about it????

We also just might post negative things to watch for. We have all traveled to storms and found out the hard way. Let them go and learn. Who told us?

I am not saying not to help but lets give some positives. I have worked California 4 times never made much but helped pay some bills.

Here I go sorry for the long reply.

Everyone Lets provide some answers to questions and not get off the subject go to the chat room.

Ron Resnik

Go to Top of Page

catmanager

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  09:20:45  Show Profile
While the analogy of "10 photos are sufficient and 14 may be a bit much", I agree with that, but I suspect Clayton has learned, as I have, that it is better to go ahead and give the 14 upfront....or additional explanation will usually be required.

A thorough explanation showing that a response has been well-thought out with consideration to all factors is always appreciated, and educational. Those that can contribute their wisdom should. But then again, I am long-winded, too.....

There is never a fault in providing too much documentation!!!

Thanks all
Go to Top of Page

jlombardo

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  09:32:03  Show Profile
Catmanager,
There is , if the point that is being made becomes muddled due to overkill.......it is not necessary to describe the entire forest, when we are attempting to look at a specific tree......
Go to Top of Page

jlombardo

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  09:40:53  Show Profile
Marc,
The Army Corps Of Engineers have a saying..."It is difficult to remember that the initial objective was to drain the swamp, when you are up to your ass in alligators"...
I think that the old adage of "Keep It Simple Stupid" is a good approach......I realize that sometimes complex issues require complex answers...but even complex answers can be kept "simple" by addressing the problem head-on and not walking around it with a great deal of verbiage....

Edited by - jlombardo on 11/14/2003 09:45:32
Go to Top of Page

catmanager

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  10:41:16  Show Profile
Now Joe, it took two posts to get your point across? Would'nt a single, LONGER more thought out post have done the job of two? Do you get my point? LOL!!! I agree with you, however...I guess it just depends on the situation. Good day, friend...
Go to Top of Page

jlombardo

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  11:39:26  Show Profile
Marc,
I was trying to keep it simple, and by using two posts, was trying to limit the amount of information being given at one time!!!!!LOL....regards to the other half...
Go to Top of Page

GOOD WORKER

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2003 :  15:10:21  Show Profile
Wow ,i didnt think i could even get a response,let alone all this!!Good or bad comments,thanks for your help guys.These comments have helped,believe it or not.I am not going into a profession blindly now.I wish the industry that i am currently in would have let me know what i am in for before i started.A lot like other industries,you just dont know until you actually do it.I really think this industry is pretty much like anything else you do in this world.You just never know for sure whats going to happen next.As of answering to Chuck,you can email me at bigwavedave949@yahoo.com if you really want to get into aerospace work and live in california.Send me a resume,and i will do anything i can to get you started.

David Hensley
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000