Sponsorship needed
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andy m rose

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2003 :  21:34:55  Show Profile
I am seeking a sponsor in order to enter Vale Tech to take the necessary estimating courses in order to pursue a new profession in CAT adjusting. I am a recent layoff from a major carrier and have 25 years experience as a liability adjuster.
After completion of the estimating courses, I am seeking an opportunity to work with a competent and experienced CAT adjuster at no charge for experience.

deleted

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2003 :  21:52:52  Show Profile
Andy,
Watch what you wish for!
Go to Top of Page

guest_98

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2003 :  22:01:10  Show Profile
yeah you might get to work for your-self, providing a valuable service, competing in the open marketplace for a finite number of claims. charge ahead if that is what you want. just rememeber accurate, ontime completed files is what all your potential employers are expecting.

Edited by - Tom Toll on 11/06/2003 18:52:44
Go to Top of Page

andy m rose

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2003 :  22:21:35  Show Profile
I am fully aware of what is expected as I have worked both sides as an IA and Staff adjuster. Quality and timeliness is everything in this business.

amrose
Go to Top of Page

guest_98

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2003 :  22:55:19  Show Profile
My thoughts, prayers and encouragement are with you!!!!!! You will be successful as an IA. Completely ignore anyone that wishes to discourage about any career, especially the frequent posters on this site. Learn your craft and develop your efficiencies, and show these dinosaurs how things are done in the 21st Century.
Go to Top of Page

swink_d

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  00:22:53  Show Profile
I am new to this as well, and wish I had some encouragement when I was getting started. You may get burned some, but do good work and the good vendors will find you, no matter what your experience is.

I think it is well documented on this site who the frauds and crooks are if you pay attention.
Go to Top of Page

andy m rose

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  06:06:33  Show Profile
Most important point not added to my original post. No cost or obligation to sponsor.

amrose
Go to Top of Page

SeizeOWisdom

25 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  06:18:48  Show Profile
Andy I will be happy to sponsor you for attendance at Vale and commend you for making a wise choice in attending. There is no better place or method than Vale to learn property estimating with their excellent teaching methods and resources. This offer extends to other newer adjusters wishing to attend Vale as well.

Please email me at AegeanShores@aol.com and we will work out the details on the paperwork.

For others wishing to learn more about the many wonderful classes which Vale offers, here is a weblink to their site: http://www.valenational.com/

Jim Flynt AIC, CIC, AAI, AIS

Edited by - SeizeOWisdom on 11/05/2003 06:24:44
Go to Top of Page

Tom Toll

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  15:56:07  Show Profile
Good show, Jim. You cannot go wrong with Vale Tech. They are a good group of people and know how to teach. Next comes practical experience, which one must have to be able to survive in this business. Then each day, learn something new about this business. Read policies, know your estimating system, learn to highly organize, and do PR work with Vendors. If your lucky and a seasoned veteran has the time, try to get under his wing for a cat or two. Then, as guest 98 said, you will be in the 21st century, unlike many of the young adjusters I have met here in Virginia. By the way guest 98, some of us ol timers are so high tech, the Vendors don't even know what to think of us, and that includes myself and darlin wife Janice. While here in Virginia Beach, we met Michael Stueart, a young adjuster and found out that he is high tech, and very knowledgeable. what do you consider high tech. Does that mean Disto laser measuring devices, wireless LAN systems, digital cameras and good printers, fast and efficient laptops, and the list can go on and on. No ol timer is going to try and kill your desire to become a good cat adjuster. We will tell you, however, that this is not an easy business to get into. You may or may not make a decent living the first several years. You have to earn your place on the Vendors list and it won't happen overnight. There are seveal good vendors that will help you after training. Pilot, Cunningham Lindsey, Crawford, and several others, but you must earn your own reputation. Good luck with your endeavor, and if I or any other ol timer can help, just let us know.

Edited by - Tom Toll on 11/05/2003 15:57:37
Go to Top of Page

guest_98

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  16:18:05  Show Profile
The 21st century as it apples to any business, is the consistent and constant search for effeciencies. an investment in a digital camera will pay for itself in less than one day. An investment in GPS will pay for itself in less than a day. A good operating plan will reap divedends over and over. All you mention will bring individual profits to your bottom line, along with a decent tax strategy. Any business operating today can do 30-50% more production with less manhours. Any business owner (self employed) should understand or learn this. All the talk about Adjusting schools being crucial are dead on the mark. I also think any persons going into business should balance their education and certifications with business classes during downtime. Nothing stings worse than generating revenue and not seeing profits.

<edit> Any new business venture takes a cpl years to takeoff, this industry or any other is no different.

Edited by - guest_98 on 11/05/2003 16:21:54
Go to Top of Page

okclarryd

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  22:27:06  Show Profile
Y'all beat anything I've ever seen. This posting is about a guy wanting to go to Vale and have a mentor guide him through a couple of storms.

Then the pack starts circling..........and the snarling and snapping begins.

You guys and gals finding fault with each other and carping and picking on every word and phrase...................and someone suggested a Claims Organization to represent us?? A Union?? Count me out.

I would just as soon not be in the same bucket with those of you that keep this crap up.

Andy........get your schooling and equipment. Hopefully, you can find someone to help that will not have any hidden agendas. You'll be OK. Attitude, preparation and perspiration equal success. Gimme a call if you need something. I'm not hard to find.

Larry D Hardin
Go to Top of Page

guest_98

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  22:45:36  Show Profile
Thank you,

I have reviewed and reread my post, and am still at a lost as to what caused the ferver with Ciri93. I saw he made a negative response to someone looking for a positive response.
My post
"yeah you might get to work for your-self, providing a valuable service, competing in the open marketplace for a finite number of claims. charge ahead if that is what you want. just rememeber accurate, ontime completed files is what all your potential employers are expecting. The ones that will discourage you are, (for lack of a better term), your competitors who are hoping and praying that they will be given the work instead of you"

Now does anyone read any fighting words in that or disagree with any of the content?
Go to Top of Page

SeizeOWisdom

25 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  22:56:17  Show Profile
OKCLarry, you hit the nail on the head.

Many posting here would be much further along on their journeys to being professional cat adjusters if they spent an hour or two each evening with their noses in the AIC or CPCU textbooks rather than frivilously wasting so much time in some of these senseless tennis court nightly debates here. The ones who are out there leaving the talkers behind in the latest in insurance education and training are the ones who walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

Where are all the so called professional adjusters with credentialed resumes to prove it? Not in this class discussion.

Edited by - SeizeOWisdom on 11/05/2003 23:02:13
Go to Top of Page

Dgowdy

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  23:29:04  Show Profile
Jim Flint tells me that only an adjuster who has graduated Vale and obtained theirAIC is truly the only one worth hiring, I believe him, he has taught me a lot in the last two months and I think he is one of the greatest persons I know. Thank you Jim! Rick
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000