CEU s , New twist for Texas
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Newt

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  10:43:28  Show Profile
This new requirement for classroom credits puts a whole new meaning to staying abreast of the adjusting proffession.
To me I would think working on the AIC or one of those designations would make more sense, they count toward the CEUs and certainly would enhance a resume. One thing you would have to watch is the time frame, and not get behind the power curve. Those deadlines have a nasty habit of creeping up on you. Seems like I always had about twice as many as I needed and you couldn't carry any over in my case.
I have no idea how the TDI works, I suppose its the same.
I looked up the list of education providers for CEUs, it seems limited at this time. Maybe there will be more in the future. I have no complaint with people having to stay current in the service they provide. It is becomming a custom in everything but education in most states.

jtrea

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  10:06:40  Show Profile
Try webce.com
Go to Top of Page

Newt

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2002 :  11:45:54  Show Profile
The new requirements don't mention this site as a source of CEUs, however it does mention half the credits must be classroom.
Also there is an additional requirement for at least two credits needed in the area of integrity. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information in the TDI web site as to how to go about getting these credits, just a few schedules and of course the credits for the national certifications such as the AIC etc. They give a liberal allowance for each phase of completed tests in that area.
If anyone has any further information let us know, I am sure others on this forum would be very interested. I know I am.
I hope the ICTC at Abilene will pick up on this and have some class room CEU's available, they have the facilities and it is one of my favorite places to visit. It is a good place to catch up on Xactimate if you are having trouble, also the Auto Course is a hands on type course with lots of visual aids. If anyone is starting off in this field, it is a good place to get some basics and motivated. You will meet adjusters from all walks, and the staff will insure you get the individual attention you need to understand the courses they offer. Thats my commercial for the day and unsolicited I might add.
The Insurance Claims Training Center is a sponser/supporter of CADO, check their banner and web page.

Edited by - Newt on 10/25/2002 12:02:36
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000