Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

KileAnderson

USA
875 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  09:32:10  Show Profile
I agree with Mark with respect to judges and jurries. I think if you have a case that is totally based in facts and all the facts are on your side then you would want a judge making the decision. If your case has no merit and is based soley on greed and emotion then you will want a jury. Preferably an uneducated jury. They are much easier to persuade.

I think what we really need is some sort of legal triage. A judge reviews a case and if it seems frivolous he boots it. The problem is most civil court judges are former trial lawyers and they aren't going to kick their buddies profit centers out. There is too much inbreeding in the legal system. Lawyers argue cases in front of their former law professors and law partners. I've never met a lawyer that didn't know every other lawyer in town.
Go to Top of Page

trader

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  10:50:23  Show Profile
The question of which city Houston or Dallas is "best" has been resolved. Its Houston hands down. We have three domed stadiums that the tax $$ paid for, and one is a spare.
Go to Top of Page

khromas

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  12:06:40  Show Profile
Add in the fact that we had a perfectly good basketball arena left over after a new one was built downtown and the county decided to lease it to a church! God's gotta luv us!

Kevin Hromas
Go to Top of Page

goose

57 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  15:46:07  Show Profile
How many Super Bowls have ya'll won? Heh,heh, heh...... Go Cowboys.
Go to Top of Page

khromas

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  16:37:59  Show Profile
I grew up out in West Texas worshipping at the alter of the Cowboys! Many a preacher found himself getting a good talking to by the deacons if he didn't get Sunday morning service out by 12:00! All of us kids would take turns being 'Dandy Don', Staubach, Dan Reeves, etc....

but after Mr. Jerry "I wonder how many face-lifts I can have before my scrotum reaches my thorax" Jones bought the team, I had to change my allegiance to the Texans down here in Houston! Add in the fact that Jones will NEVER get to live down the fact that the 'lowly expansion Texans' beat the Cowboys in their first game ever .... well, that hole in the roof at Texas Stadium wasn't so God could watch His team play, it is to let out all the hot air generated up there!

Kevin Hromas
Go to Top of Page

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  12:20:08  Show Profile
Who needs a dome ? Go BRONCOS !!! Oh and just to keep it on thread ... Go GW !
Go to Top of Page

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  10:11:50  Show Profile
#1 team ... Broncos
#2. Cowboys
#3. Rangers
#4. Rockies
#5. Cubbies
#6. Anyone that is playing the Yankees or Oakland Raiders.
Go to Top of Page

olderthendirt

USA
370 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  10:25:00  Show Profile

Strange how this has changed to a poll on football teams. Mind you with football teams you usually know what you a voting for, and if they mess up only your ego suffers not the world. But why worry, Kerry knows what we need and Bush is an honourable man, and I have a bridge for sale.
Go to Top of Page

khromas

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  10:38:03  Show Profile
In some parts of the country it is more dangerous to talk football than it is politics!

My wife went to HS at Odessa Permian back in the '70s (subject of the book and soon to be released movie - "Friday Night Lights") and even now our brother-in-law still lives and dies with their success and failures! (He played there in the '60s.) I went to a few of the booster club meetings with him and was it an experience!

Politics is for wimps compared to football!!

Kevin Hromas
Go to Top of Page

goose

57 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  12:15:44  Show Profile
We were outside on a clear winter night near Midland a few winters ago. One of the guys with us had played for Lee. The colors of permian are black and silver. I made a comment on how amazing it was to see all the stars out in west Texas, and that they were sure a sight. He grumbled that he didn't see the fuss, but guessed it was alright if you liked silver and black. He then turned and walked back inside and left us standing there. Now that is a rivalry!
Go to Top of Page

disasterblaster

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  10:45:50  Show Profile
I'm a democrat, but I can't vote for Kerry.
He changes his mind too much!!!
He says one thing one day and then takes the opposite side the next.
A President should be able to make a decision, and at least Bush seems to be able to do that.
Go to Top of Page

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  11:29:22  Show Profile
Yes DB, you are right.
We do NEED a storm event.
And quite badly from what I can tell!
Go to Top of Page

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  14:24:27  Show Profile
Well said DB, and accurate!
Go to Top of Page

KileAnderson

USA
875 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  16:48:03  Show Profile
Love him or hate him, you have to admit that he sticks to his guns...most of the time.
Go to Top of Page

rorunner_77

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  22:52:54  Show Profile
I am amazed at how the Democratic party can point the finger about 9-11 and distort everything. I had a guy make a crack about it to me and I had to tell him, " even if you had a hint I was going to attack you. How could you stop me? compound the fact it is not two people but an unknown group vs a Huge country" My hat is off to Bush for having the balls to go and put himself in a position that he had to know would be hell to get out of gracefully. In this vortex of morality, Someone stepped up to the plate and tried to do what was right for the thousands of maimed and killed humans in Our Great country and Abroad. Lynn McMurchy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000