Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  11:29:58  Show Profile
The "Microsoft ODE DB" Message has been going on sporadically for a while though. It seems like it only occurs aftr I have read several posts, like you are only allowed to view so many at one time ? Just an observation, the "web site not found" has only been occurring since this last Friday, but again seems like all is ok today.
Go to Top of Page

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  11:32:36  Show Profile
OOPS I dit it again lol. I am getting a Web site can't be found when going to page 2 to view my latest post. @#$%*&^$^%@!!! sassfrassa !
Go to Top of Page

Admin

547 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  13:00:56  Show Profile
khromas,

If you have the time could you tell me how you get to the site?

Is CADO set as your homepage?
Do you have a page bookmarked?
Do you type in http://www.catadjuster.org?
Do you use your browser's history?
Do you locate CADO in a search engine and follow the link?

Are you connected via DSL or cable, where you are connected 24/7?

Thanks,

Roy

Roy Cupps -
CatAdjuster.org :: Contact\Feedback :: Adjuster Roster :: Current Forum
Go to Top of Page

Admin

547 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  13:19:48  Show Profile
Todd can you tell me what page you get the "Microsoft ODE DB" error on? I may be able to fix that error. Unless it is the Active Users or Online Users page, I'm still trying to track down that error.

I feel that the connection errors are related to the site move. It should only take about 48 hours from the time of DNS server changes for the changes to propagate through out the web, however, some location may take longer. It has been over three days since the changes were made.

Thanks

Roy Cupps -
Go to Top of Page

okclarryd

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  17:20:44  Show Profile
If your service says that things are just swell, then I suppose they are.

But your website is really having some problems. But, I think you're gaining on it as it is up and just fine as of Monday eve 6:00 Eastern.

LARRY D HARDIN
Go to Top of Page

Admin

547 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  18:17:33  Show Profile
Thanks Larry, I need the feedback, because I have not had any problems with the site since Friday and I have been testing it from two different computers, so the only way I can find the problems is by receiving feedback. I expected problems on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I will take all the feedback I can get.

Roy Cupps -
Go to Top of Page

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  21:24:18  Show Profile
Roy, I agree that access seems to be "better" starting today, but still there are times when I get the message "the website cannot be found."

I can't speak for Kevin and how he is getting through the "back door" but I have had to at times use my 'history button' on AOL to click onto a link where I was on CADO earlier in the day. As an example, if I had visited "active topics" earlier, and could not get onto CADO directly, I found a way on to CADO but clicking the prior link at the top of my browser. I have also tried access through using Google as a search engine.

I am sure it is frustrating a little to CADO users, but we all know it is even more frsutrating to you, and I know we all appreciate the hard work you do and are doing to keep CADO up and running.

I do know that when the site is down and no one can access it, it is almost as if we are cut off from the rest of the world. We might as well be in the middle of some deep dark jungle without any form of communications. At least, that is how it feels.

Thanks for all your hard work Roy!
Go to Top of Page

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2004 :  10:19:51  Show Profile
Roy,
The Microsoft ODE DB situation goes as follows. as far as I can remember,...After viewing several threads/posts/pages after clicking on the next thread or PAGE it loads like it should (heading looks correct etc.) except instead of being able to read the posts , all you can read is the "Microsoft ODE DB " message. Once this happens, that's it, I'm done for that session. Each page or thread after this I get the same reply. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Admin

547 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2004 :  11:58:15  Show Profile
Over the last few days I have received feedback from visitors reporting problems reaching the site. They receive errors like "Site not found", "site does not exist" or "host not found". Some of them even receive an AOL error page like the following, which does not make sense because the page even includes links to the site it cannot find.
http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search?invocationType=DNSERROR&query=catadjuster.org

Well, we all know the site exist and that it is reachable. All of the visitors reporting problems have been AOL users. Here is a quote from the techs that provide the server that CADO is on.

"Customer browses a page, AOL caches the content of the page, the route, and the time it took to view the page. Subsequent calls to the page are served from the AOL cache server, not from the web server. After X amount of time, AOL flushes the cache and browses the page again to obtain a new copy for the cache server. If AOL attempts to browse your site to obtain a new copy for the cache and the page is not displayed within a certain amount of time, AOL will mark the site as not able to be browsed. All subsequent users on that AOL cache server who try to browse your site will receive a custom made AOL error page.

This is not a result of our services or your site. The limits on how long a page is cached or how long AOL will wait for a page to be rendered is set by AOL only. All support issues will need to be taken up with them. The alternative/work around would be to have your clients deactivate their accelerator program."

LarryW reported that he was having the errors and found a work around. He connects to AOL and minimizes the AOL screen and clicks the Internet Explorer icon and connects to the site without problems.

I have contacted AOL to see if I could do anything on my end to prevent or reduce the errors but they have not replied.

I have not been able to reproduce the errors on any of the computers I use. However, I do not have AOL installed on any of the computers. I do know that CADO has some pages that contain a large amount of data and may take awhile to load and have working on reducing the load times for these pages.

I will keep working with the providers to locate any problems with CADO that I can correct.

Roy Cupps -
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000