FEEDBACK PLEASE ON DIRECWAY BROADBAND
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rr

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  11:52:19  Show Profile
ANYONE USING DIRECWAY BROADBAND? I LIVE IN A RURAL AREA WITH NO HIGH SPEED INTERNET.
I ORDERED THIS SERVICE BUT LATER WAS TOLD NOT THAT FAST AND STOPPED BEFORE INSTALLING IT.

I HAVE TO UPLOAD A LOT OF PHOTOS AND REPORTS.

ANY COMMENTS?

THANKS

RON RESNIK

goose

57 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  12:03:02  Show Profile
I have Direcway and I am not happy with it. If you are uploading a lot of material, the dial-up is faster. When i was doing CRN and uploading all photos and documents, I used the dial up. If downloading, the satellite is much quicker than the phone line, but still significantly slower than DSL. There is new satellite technology that is supposed to rectify this, but I have not been able to find it for a reasonable cost yet.
Go to Top of Page

Wes

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  12:32:51  Show Profile
I was under the impression that DirectWay was being phased out because it was not profitable for its owners DirecTv. If my information is correct your time with this service is very limited.
Go to Top of Page

Tom Toll

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  14:07:05  Show Profile
I have seen how direcway works. It sucks. Don't waste your money. Try to find a wireless system or stick with modem.
Go to Top of Page

rr

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  14:09:46  Show Profile
Thanks you have saved me money and I did cancel it before installed.

How about local broadband??

Ron Resnik
Go to Top of Page

kwsmith

10 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2003 :  16:18:56  Show Profile
roadrunner is good, and goes a lot of places. you might see if they're available down in your corner of mo.

kwsmith
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000