Mapping/GPS
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Todd_Summers

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2003 :  00:30:34  Show Profile
I am an old MAPSCO/RAND MCNALLY guy who recently "upgraded" to a DeLorme GPS and StreetAtlasUSADeluxe for about $150.00. I have attempted to use this on 2 different storms (Denver and Dallas). Guess what? IT DOESN'T WORK! The Database , I think is the problem. Yes I have downloaded the updates. The map shows a through street and there is a 40 ft cliff where you can only turn left or right. Or there is a 40 year old school sitting there where there should be a through street. Or the audio is telling you "67 seconds to your next left turn" and you have already passed it! Outrageous! Microsoft 's "Streets and Trips" software is accurate but doesn't yet have the voice commands and audio. Can someone please help me resolve this ...I don't care if I have to buy all new equipment...It seems like I spend all of my time fixing the problems with all of this expensive @#$%^&*)&^%$#@!( equipment.

Michael Stueart

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2003 :  02:09:50  Show Profile
THE DELUXE VERSION ISN'T VERY GOOD. THE 9.0 VERSION WORKS BEST FOR ME. IT LETS YOU PULL IN CLAIM ADDRESS INFO DIRECT FROM INTEGRA CLAIM (AND MAYBE OTHER ESTIMATING SOFTWARE). THERE ARE A FEW GLICHES BUT I HAVE NOT FOUND MANY IN THIS VERSION. I REALLY LIKE USING IT AS I AM LOST WITH THE OLE PAPER MAPS. WHEN MY BATTERIES GO I PANIC(THE ADAPTER CABLE FOR DIRECT POWER SOURCE SEEMS TO ALWAYS BE ON BACKORDER). GOOD LUCK .

Michael Stueart
Go to Top of Page

Janice Toll

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2003 :  11:43:55  Show Profile
Todd, it could be that your problem with the voice commands are that you are driving faster than your preferences are set. Check your preferences for the different road types. I find that the default settings are quite slooooow. In you don't know how to set preferences, let me know. I had the same problem in the Dallas area (Plano) with the street atlas showing through streets that were not, but I've encountered the same problem with Mapsco, and I've always found a way to go around with the DeLorme Street Atlas. I am using the 9.0 Deluxe version and have really had very few problems with it.

Janice R. Martin-Toll
Go to Top of Page

Jeanette

25 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  13:47:57  Show Profile
Has anyone tried the 2004 Plus with Xactimate or know how to pull the addresses out in a data file to send to Street Atlas? 9.0 has too many outdated zip codes but worked well with Xactimate 2002. Thanks for any help you can give.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000