Getting Started
 info for newbies persuing staff positions
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Barry19

8 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2003 :  15:27:44  Show Profile
I was curious if any of you experienced folks could share info regarding staff positions...such as...average length of training, amount of travel ( i believe its less for staff positions)best staff companies to work for...etc.

Thanks!

kwsmith

10 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2003 :  23:10:28  Show Profile
from what i've seen, i think probably usaa or state farm would be the best for staff work. usaa is very good in terms of employee compensation, benefits, perks, organization, and a good book of business. as a whole, their customers are probably a little more intelligent, educated, and easier to work with than most. usaa has a certain military mind-set, and there's usually plenty of ex or retired military in supervisory and management roles. during the times i've worked with them, state farm has been very well-organized in their claims operations, and i suspect that they've got one of the best auto tech schools in the industry. from what i gather, their people seem to be doing well on the compensation end of things. as an independant, one thing to watch for with both companies is that they'll be more likely to over-staff, rther than under-staff, with independats during a cat operation. i don't know that there is an "average" training. sometimnes these companies will hire a rank trainee and put him throough their own company training schools, sometimes they'll hire an experienced adjuster and depend, in large part, on whatever training he brings to the job. if your're thinking about trying to hire on as a staff adjuster, a college degree is going to be helpful, if not mandatory. amount of travel is gonna vary depending on the slot and area. if you take a regular local staff job, you probably will seldom be sent to work outside your territory. however some companies have their own staff cat teams. a sf cat guy once told me he expected to get 180+ days/year on the road. which is more than a lot of independants get.

kwsmith
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000