Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bryan newell

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  13:58:15  Show Profile
All CatMan,
I am working in Annapolis, MD for Isabel & have been using the Verizon Card for internet access. Works OK in this area.... faster than dialup but a tad slower than cable. I live in the DFW area & it works great there. I think it is worth the money. I am interested in trying the satellite service next.
Go to Top of Page

AllCatMan

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2003 :  00:53:09  Show Profile
I just got the air card from Santa Claus, cant use it here at home (WEST TEXAS) but I am anxious to try it out on the road.....which I am ready to get back out. I hope it works as well as they say it does.
Go to Top of Page

clydev

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2003 :  07:06:55  Show Profile
I have found a lot of hot spots in the panhandle when we were working there last summer. You would be suprised where you will lock on to a spot.

Clyde Veltmann
Hill Country Claims Managment, LLC
www.hillcountryclaims.com
Go to Top of Page

Catmandale

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  12:05:56  Show Profile
I am new to this wireless deal, just having purchased a new laptop with a built-in wireless antenna.

Sometimes the computer detects an access point, but they are blocked. Is there a way to see if they are truly blocked, or you just need to set up differently?

Any books you can recommend (written in understandable English)?

I'm currently working the fires in San Diego and, while I have dialup, the apartments seem to have several WiFi points, although I can't get online with them as yet.

Thanks for any help.

Dale Strain

"When we thought that we had all the answers,
suddenly all the questions changed."
Mario Benedetti (1920); Uruguayan writer.
Go to Top of Page

katadj

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  15:34:40  Show Profile
Download www.netstumbler.com and install. this will allow you to see which WAP's are locked.

Also make sure your card is set to check all the available chanels, and not locked onto only one (1).

There are several good Books available, do a google search and decide which is best for you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000