FWUA
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gcodom

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2003 :  19:08:52  Show Profile
About 10 days ago, I applied for the Florida Wind Re-certification disk. Since I have yet to receive anything (even though I requested expedited mailing), I decide to check on the status. When I went to the www.FWUA-ADJUSTERS.com website, I could not believe my eyes. Is certification for Florida Winds now a thing of the past? Did I misinterpret what I saw?

Steve Satchell

1 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2003 :  07:27:33  Show Profile
Your eyes are fine, certification is not a requirement at this time.
Go to Top of Page

j6407

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  16:27:35  Show Profile
I think you still need to be certified. I believe that the FWUA was rolled over to a diffrent organization in an attemp to get the state out of the insurance business. The name has changed but the requirements have not. I e-mailed the new organization last week and have not recieved a response as yet. It doesn't bode well for the industry or the homeowner.
I can't see them doing away with the certification. They just came out with the CD a couple of years ago and it is less expensive than haveing to go to a convention to certify.
Some imput on this would be greatly appreciated. I too would like to know if we don't "offically" need to be certified. This is 180 degrees from what the rest of the industry is doing.
Juan J
Go to Top of Page

Davey

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  18:18:24  Show Profile
Juan

If you log on to citizensfla.com/index.asp, go to the adjuster link, and you see that certifications are no longer necessary. They are going to rely on their vendors to supply properly trained and supervised adjusters. That, my friend, may be a mistake.

Of course, this doesn't mean they won't change their minds and require it later.
Go to Top of Page

JimS

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  23:43:27  Show Profile
This sure appears to be a typical cluster "get together" in FLA. It was only in 9/02 when they took my money, sent me the disk and said...you need to get certified, or you can't work in our state. I even paid a little extra to get certified in both dwellings and condo. Well I hope they enjoy my money, as much as I enjoy the traffic in Miami. Oh, by the way, I was told the certification was too last 2 years. But now, it seems it may last forever. CA-CHING
Go to Top of Page

katadj

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2003 :  16:28:00  Show Profile
I wonder, wonder, wonder, where the money went.........

If we do not have to be certified, will they return the money we sent in for the CD's and the postage and all that?

Sounds like there are some changes being made: without benefit to those that took the time , effort and expense to accomodate FWUA.

Someone needs to provide an answer as this development , may need furthur investigation.

If 2000 people sent them $60.00 or so: thats $120,000.00 unaccounted for dollars in someones coffers.

Any opinions being offered....................................

Go to Top of Page

Wes

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2003 :  22:44:40  Show Profile
I want my money back. Two years of certification fees. Whats with all these changes lately. I have been working on my State Farm certification thru the Prometric testing centers now all the sudden they no longer offer the tests and apparently you have to travel to take the exams if you are not lucky to have them given in your area. These insurance companies need us like nobodies business during times of storm but if there are no storms its like cat adjusters dont even exist to them. I am becoming disenchanted with the insurance industry in my very short claims career.
Go to Top of Page

Wes

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2003 :  22:56:31  Show Profile
Oh yeh and I should have mentioned this one above as well. After paying for and attending a school to prepare my self for the Florida State Adjusters exam which is no easy exam to pass and all the fees associated with the exam I soon afterwards get a letter from the same school I attended stating they have reached a agreement with the state that if you attend their special adjuster licensing class you automatically get your license with no exam involved. I was fortunate to pass my exam on the first try but I know several adjusters that had to pay the exam fee three and four times before they passed. What is going on here? Now anyone who attends a class in Florida can be licensed. I have been proud of my accomplishments but my accomplishments dont mean diddly if these licenses are just going to be handed out to anyone that applies.
Go to Top of Page

gcodom

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2003 :  22:25:17  Show Profile
Let's see now. If we get a whole bunch of 'adjusters' licensed by making it real easy, then we will have folks falling over each other to get work. Yeah, that's the ticket and then we won't have to pay as much. And.......Oh yeah, we can treat them like dogs and they have to take it cause some smuck is standing in line to take their place. What'cha think folks?
Go to Top of Page

KLS

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2003 :  09:47:45  Show Profile
RE: Citizens Contact To Address Certification Termination

As you may be aware, Citizens has terminated certification for Wind adjusting. With many of you, I feel this is an important development that has a direct affect on many of us. If you want to ask to have this re-instated, consider contacting them as follows:

William O'Neil - Chairperson
Board of Governors
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
101 North Monroe Street, Suite 1000
Tallahassee, Florida 32301

The next Board of Governors meeting is scheduled for March 19, 2003. The Board needs to hear your facts in a short letter now. I suspect this was an internal decision and not reviewed by the Board.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000