Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

claimsRus

1 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2002 :  18:07:26  Show Profile
I was using the 'PC Adujuster' Version 2.97 1989-1993 Dos Version.
Made by CPR, Inc. I have contacted them however, they don't support or even have another copy of it.
My copy got corrupted. I've misplaced my backup copy. If anyone has a copy I would really appreciate it. If not, can someone recommend a very easy adjuster program? I don't need it to manage photo's.
Thanks for any repsonse

Best regards,
Chuck

genco

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2002 :  07:57:07  Show Profile
I prefer Xactimate. Many Carriers utilize this program. Check it out.
I tried Blue book and simsol, neither would work at all and there tech support is really aweful, never got them to work and they would not let me return or give refund, (got hosed).

Hope you have better luck.

Xactimate has great tech support, a bit costly. One idea, if you can get two others to buy it with you and split cost. They told me I can have it on three computers.

Genco Joe

Edited by - genco on 09/27/2002 08:02:03
Go to Top of Page

Straw

13 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2002 :  18:31:09  Show Profile
I agree Xactimate has great support. Has anybody have any input on DDS? I am thinking about purchasing it.
Go to Top of Page

RROBBY

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  07:54:01  Show Profile
GIVE POWER CLAIM A TRY. I AM A SMALL INDEPENDENT IN WEST TEXAS AND I FOUND IT TO BE VERY A VERY GOOD PROGRAM. THEY HAVE GREAT SUPPORT AND WILL SPEND THE TIME IT TAKES TO HELP GET YOU GOING. YOU ARE NOT LOOKING AT THAT MONTHLY CHARGE EITHER.
Go to Top of Page

RROBBY

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  07:55:04  Show Profile
YOU CAN CONTACT THEM AT 1-800-736-1246. FORGOT TO GIVE THAT BEFORE.
ROBBY
Go to Top of Page

Ann

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2002 :  09:29:11  Show Profile
I have used DDS for years, I feel this is the best adjuster software on the market. I only use Xactimate when I have to. The support is great, there is no waiting for a return phone call, which is good when we are on a storm and our time is money. Hope that helps Straw in his desision to lease DDS.
Go to Top of Page

j6407

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2002 :  10:04:00  Show Profile
I use DDS and XACTAMATE on a regular basis. They are both good. It's just a matter of getting used to them. The diffrence is in their tech support. XACTAMATE is closed on Sundays. They do have a web page with FAQ . I believe they charge for phone support. Also if you use contents often, DDS would be better for you.
I find XACTAMATE to be more flexible on structure and DDS head and shoulders above XACTAMATE on contents.
Both of them have a free 30 trial period for you to try out their program ans make a decision.
Which ever one you chose, you will get better as you use it. That is why people that use only one cysytem swear by that system.
Go to Top of Page

Todd_Summers

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2002 :  23:58:47  Show Profile
RRobby,
what part of West Texas? I am in Houston now but am working out my files and will be heading home to Lubbock soon. Let me know and I'll buy you a cup of coffee.
Go to Top of Page

Catmannn

42 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  07:18:09  Show Profile
Computer Pros,

I have based on the Compac Tech folks in India, changed my Logon Adminstrator while following the directions of the "tech" I clicked the button which said remove files. Above the the button it read that I would loose my e-mail data and my favorities, no problem. Come to find out it took out all the data in all of the programs I had on the computer. Lost all estimates in x-mate, word, excel, all email, ect. In the following 6 Hours with Compac and Micosoft I was told that Compac and Micosoft could not retrieve the lost information. Micosoft advised to find a local data based recovery person and they could/might be able to get the information back. Looking for a name and contact number of any one that you all might know that could help in this matter.
Note: Can not restore past the date we changed the logon administrator

Thanks

David Houtz
580-695-7160 cell
Go to Top of Page

ChuckDeaton

USA
373 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  12:51:02  Show Profile
Home Depot will give you their inventory on CDROM with the Craftsman estimating system included.

I used DDS.
Go to Top of Page

visitcostarica

Costa Rica
15 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  18:21:13  Show Profile
I really like the DOS version of Xact, but stuck now using Xact2002. Haven't needed to use tech support for years, I think the program is much more stable than it was years ago. Not too cheap if your having to pay the monthly.

Done climbing roofs...try climbing into a hammock in Costa Rica http://www.visitcostarica.net
Go to Top of Page

RROBBY

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  06:29:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by claimsRus

Made by CPR, Inc. I have contacted them however, they don't support or even have another copy of it.
My copy got corrupted. I've misplaced my backup copy. If anyone has a copy I would really appreciate it. If not, can someone recommend a very easy adjuster program? I don't need it to manage photo's.
Thanks for any repsonse

Go to Top of Page

RROBBY

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  06:31:31  Show Profile
GIVE POWER CLAIM A TRY. I THINK YOU WILL LIKE IT. 1-800-736-1246.
RROBBY

quote:
Originally posted by claimsRus

Thanks for any repsonse

Go to Top of Page

genco

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  21:27:34  Show Profile
Anyone else come across Xactimates new policy for tech support? I already pay 900.- annually and now I have to pay 20.- more dollars for tech support each call.
There's some hosen goin on!
I love the program, but maybe there heads are getting a little big as the software is being used by so many more these days.

Genco Joe
Go to Top of Page

johnpostava

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2002 :  16:36:15  Show Profile
Twenty dollars a support call. Twenty dollars! Adjusters find a bug in their code and they give you a "work around" or maybe they just explain why their system just doesn't seem to work with your hardware. Or maybe you pay the twenty dollars - find their bug - they give you a temp. fix and they make repairs to their code in the next service pack. What a deal! I wish I could be the Microsoft of the property claims business and get away with it (for now!).

I may be baised but with competing estimating and adjusting systems out their like MSB, Powerclaim and SIMSOL, I am astonished that any adjuster (or insurance carrier for that matter) who has a choice of systems would still work with a company that charges for support. If you are an adjuster and the carrier or vendor adjusting firm demands it - they have a "gun to your head" and so be it - but those circumstances nothwithstanding - adjusters and companies do have choices out there. Check out the competition. We all work very hard to make our systems run smoothly - and they do. Or, you can continue to just pay your $20.00 (per "incident") and help them get to the quality level of coding that the other software vendors seemed to have reached (without charging for it!).

Just my opinion, I could be wrong....
Go to Top of Page

Wes

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2002 :  17:39:40  Show Profile
I think the next big adjusting software is going to be IntegraClaim/DDS. I am hearing it come up in conversations more and more. AllState already requires it and I have yet to hear of any compatability issues or hardware issues. If anyone has any experience with IntegraClaim/DDS especially with pricing and their customer service support policy I would like to hear about them. I have taken the online tutorial for IntegraClaim and I found the user interface to be almost fun the way you clic on a house such as a roof to bring up all the components of a roof. One thing that Xactimate does have over all the other programs tho is pictures and descriptions of every single building product in its database. This is helpfull for newer adjusters such as myself when it comes to recognizing all the many different types of siding for instance. Experience will do away with the need for those pictures after the different siding configurations have been sufficiently drilled into my head.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000