Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Ghostbuster

476 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  16:48:56  Show Profile
I concur, all contributions are valued. But, to the point, Vince , your profile is for a Vince Tabor from Sherman, Texas. If you are not him or using his password with his permission, then an entry error has occurred in the system.

In the meantime, can we have some more of that bedtime fairy tale about the pizza delivery college girl?
Go to Top of Page

Admin

547 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2003 :  10:23:49  Show Profile
I have locked the Vince account to allow me time to look into the problem.

Roy Cupps -
CatAdjuster.org :: Contact\Feedback :: Adjuster Roster :: Current Forum
Go to Top of Page

Admin

547 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2003 :  11:29:39  Show Profile
I could not locate a problem with the system. However, I'm looking into the recent password change request that I have received to see if an error was made. Vince or Vince if you wish to make any additional post please email me using a real email account and not a forwarding service. Sorry for the trouble.

Roy Cupps -
CatAdjuster.org :: Contact\Feedback :: Adjuster Roster :: Current Forum
Go to Top of Page

CatDaddy

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  08:46:51  Show Profile
I have read most of the replys to the polls and if someone has already said what I am about to, forgive me.

Am I confused or isn't power surge a covered peril under the HO3? The general condition of power outage for the hurricane is not a factor. When the power came back on, a surge occurred that damaged the a/c unit, a part of the realty that is covered for all accidental direct physical loss. The surge is the cause of the loss. As an adjuster, all you need to decide is if you want to cover it under your hurricane claim or have he policyholder file another claim under the different cause of loss and unless you were standing next to the insured's house and documented exactly when the power came on and off, get ready to handle it under the hurricane claim. During hurricanes, generally more than one causes of loss are applicable. Its not just a wind claim.

Am I right? Yep.
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  10:09:56  Show Profile
CatDaddy, may I suggest you go back to page 1 of this thread, read the opening post - that states the claim you are faced with on paper; frame your thoughts within the parameters of the claims data presented.

Then I can only humbly suggest that you read my post on page 1 of 12/20/02 @ 00.36, or that of JimF on 01/03/03 @ 10.49 on page 3.

Maybe, as you said - "I have read most of the replies", you missed the two referred to.
Go to Top of Page

CatDaddy

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  12:26:51  Show Profile
CCarr - What is an "ISO" homeowners 3? I am not familiar with that policy type. Without revealing too much, I am only familiar with one carriers HO3 and it would cover such a loss based the facts provided. The realty is covered for all ADPL. You have never paid for power surge damage to an a/c unit? Certainly you have.

I see a post from "JimF" talking about a North Carolina HO3. This must be some type of restrictve policy that excludes this type of loss.

I am new to this site. I have surfed through it many times, but have never registered in order to post. You guys raise some interesting points in your dicussions. I enjoy reading everyones opinion. In what I do, I listen to adjusters explainations of why they did what they did. There is some room for opinion is what we do. No two adjusters can scope a loss and come up with exactly he same thing. And people who think that there is only one way to arrive at the same right answer are wrong also.

I am afraid that I will only be able to share what I know from a single standpoint as I have worked for only 1 insurance company for the last seven years, the last five on catastrophe duty. Hopefully I can contribute.
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  14:43:13  Show Profile
CatDaddy, it's probably best if I suggest to you that you approach your supervisor and inquire to him or her, just what a 'ISO homeowners 3' is. If you have worked for him or her for 5 or more years, that person is likely sharp as a tack and will lead you in some direction.

I leave it to JimF concerning your notion that the NC HO3 he speaks of, and supposedly that you have eluded to as, ".... must be some type of restrictive policy ...."; I can only suggest that you missed the essence of his comments regarding his remarks on that policy.

I don't want to reveal too much either, but is sure is a big world if you look out a big picture window with many panes; and seek the view from many directions.

Scoping a loss is not and has not been an issue in this thread.

I guess I am wrong and / or crazy, because I believe there is only one way to arrive at the 'right answer'. That is, to know the policy you are dealing with, to know how to read it, to know what you are looking for when you read it, to know what the generally accepted industry interpretations of the wordings are, to know how to make conclusions based on the aforementioned with regards to your travels down the Trail of Cause, and to know how to effectively communicate those conclusions to all concerned. These thoughts are solely in relation to the intent of this thread - interpret coverage given a claims scenario.
Go to Top of Page

CatDaddy

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  17:48:03  Show Profile
CCarr - Excuse me for confusing you by changing the subject a little. I tried to explain that I was new to the site and that you guys bring up interesting points "sometimes". But most of the time, a few of you take a very simple senario and explain it into the ground and go off on "thread" after "thread" confusing the heck out of most you are responding to.

I ask a simple question so as to try to understand more of what you/they are talking about concerning some policy that I obviously have never heard of and you send back a dissertation, hinting that I may not be too sharp and I should ask my supervisor what a ISO HO3 is. If you didnt know, say so. And dont try bring JimF into it. Did he write the NC HO3 or something. I asked a simple question and got a "War and Piece" sized riddle for an answer. Are there any straight answers?

You do reveal one thing about yourself, stating you believe in one way adjusters can arrive at the right answer. I bet that's YOUR way, isn't it? I agree when it comes to interpreting policy, some have opinions, but "by the policy" is the only way the claim should be handled. Estimatics is different. Oops... didnt mean to change the subject again.......

I registered on this site to talk shop with you guys. I did not realize it was a cult of people who like to write and read their own words. I hope your log notes are shorter. Sorry for the intrusion.
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  19:35:44  Show Profile
Wow CatDaddy, back up a bit and take a chew of tobacco.

I'm certainly not going to apologize to you for my posts, but they do frustrate me from time to time, for entirely different reasons. Good for you, if you don't need things explained in any amount of detail.

Your looking for 'hints' in the wrong corners, and you should not have taken that point of view from my 'discertation'.

I do not work day to day with an HO3, I am not the best one to lay out its evolution to you regarding how it came about, what older version it followed and why, etc; and it doesn't bother me to say that.

I mention JimF because he spoke in detail regading the NC HO3, and again he is better suited to respond to your comment about it.

Again, it was not my intent for you to perceive my remarks as a remake of "War and Peace" - for sure, and riddles are not my game. If my 'answer' is not 'straight', perhaps someone else will try harder for you.

Now big fella, when you suggest the right way is my way, I do take exception to that. "By the policy", as you say, I do agree with, but don't let my comment suggest to you that I wander around with the first notion you made in this paragraph.

Finally, I take particular offense to your reference of a cult within CADO - and especially any association by me to it that you may suggest - who 'like to write and read their own words'; I have a particular distaste for that. As for a 'cult', I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder.

Anyway, sorry for taking so long to say all this to you, I could have summed it all up just as well by saying I frankly don't care what you think, and that I don't agree with what you said; but at least you expressed your views.

Seriously, please don't let our exchange here, or any of my past or future posts impede your willingness to participate in the activities of CADO.

Edited by - CCarr on 01/22/2003 19:38:22
Go to Top of Page

CatDaddy

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  20:12:37  Show Profile
CCarr - Very good reply. You could have flown off the handle as a result of my prods and pokes but instead you kept your composure and stated your objections in a very professional way. And then you said even though we MAY have had our differences, that not to let it affect my participation in other discussions on the site. Very classy.

Sorry if we got off on the wrong foot.
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  20:30:14  Show Profile
It's the Canadian way, eh? Pass the RedMan big fella and relax. I'm too old and could care less anymore about stuff like this that I consider petty BS. Life is getting too short, and as JW the Duke used to say, "we're only burning daylight".
Go to Top of Page

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  21:06:26  Show Profile
Memo to 'Cat Daddy'"

Your Quote: "I am only familiar with one carriers HO3 and it would cover such a loss based the facts provided."

Your 2nd Quote: "I am afraid that I will only be able to share what I know from a single standpoint as I have worked for only 1 insurance company for the last seven years, the last five on catastrophe duty"

Before I respond more fully to your comments concerning off-site power loss, power surge, and ISO HO-3's, please advise us of the carrier you have worked for the past 7 years, so I can compare that carrier's HO-3 policy with the 'ISO' HO-3 policy.

And, which state are you adjusting in? (So that I can examine that state's DOI insurance regulations regarding this type of loss).

Edited by - JimF on 01/22/2003 21:11:42
Go to Top of Page

CatDaddy

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  21:24:07  Show Profile
CCarr - Canadian eh? I worked Ice Storm '98 in Kingston and another ice storm in '99. I worked out of Mississauga but territory was up towards Barrie and Penitang. Cottage country. My southern accent had insureds looking at me like I was speaking another language. I really enjoyed it there. Ya ever run into Norm Schneider or Aubrey Rosdahl? They're from up your way. I just got back from Columbus, Ohio working a hail storm with them.

Is this the proper area of the site for me to ramble back and forth? I guess we dont have chat room.
Go to Top of Page

CatDaddy

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  21:31:25  Show Profile
JimF - Slow down ole buddy. I have thankfully had a nap since I started in on Mr. Carr this morning. My 8 month old kept me up all night and I think I woke up looking for a fight. I am sorry if I offended anyone. If you knew me, you would know I am the easiest guy to get along with. It was my fault.

I have worked in claims for SF for 7 years, five of that on cat. I am a Fire Cat Reinspector.
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  21:32:10  Show Profile
CatDaddy, if you worked Ice Storm 98/99 in eastern Ontario, very good chance your work crossed my desk at some point. I've posted here about that 'cat experience' from my prespective on the 'inside'. However, I do recall a lot of the names I dealt with, but none that introduced themselves as CatDaddy or signed their reports in that fashion?

We do have a chat room, but be damned if I know how to get passed the door or turn on the lights.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000