99 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  13:12:17  Show Profile
JimF you mean the case was vacatured?? <---hmm spelled correct? :P
Go to Top of Page

Reconstruction Man

124 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  16:03:36  Show Profile
Czar sez,

"I guess the worst case scenario for all of us is that you would spend much less time shoveling it here, and allow us more time to focus on issues that we can affect and better yet, have control over".

Agreed Czar,

Focusing on commenting in a meaningful way regarding issues brought up from our end, and less on bullying type rhetoric, may prove to be invaluable to you.

And the hardworking people that provide your salary, via their premiums, do not need your insults either.

Also, the consumer / policyholder / people site you mentioned, and sites like them, are gathering areas that provide outlets for people like "lazy" homemakers, doctors, attorney's, chef's, city employees, bankers, farmers, retailers etc. to share and troubleshoot their experiences.

Don't let the ocassional oddball remarks on site like those allow you to dismiss the genuine ones. Most people visting those sites are kinda' like ones here...only with less pompous and posturing attitudes.

As for our thoughts hurting (certain) heads, excercise may be in order, as unused muscles tend to atrophy. Simply because something is hard to understand does not mean it does not make sense.

Oh yeah...the "crook" remark...it's interesting that that kind of characterization is allowed here...almost feels like...presumptuous slander, character assassination, hate speech... and just plain naughty thinkin' all around.

Opps, now we went and hurt some more heads...
or maybe not...

Go to Top of Page

alanporco

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  18:13:38  Show Profile
ReconMan: Why is it so impossible for you to understand that CAT adjusters (and that's primarily what we are here) cannot make any of the changes you keep harping on? Everyone of us makes every effort to pay the insured as much as possible, it benefits us to do so. If you were ever to bring up something we can discuss, we'd all be happy to share with you. You, however, continue to push the same ol' crap at us.
Go to Top of Page

Czar

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  18:24:54  Show Profile
Recon:

You are correct, not all roofers are crooks. It just happens that the one I met with on this loss was. So to the honest roofer (you know who you are), please accept my apology
Go to Top of Page

khromas

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  18:32:21  Show Profile
It is obvious that 'ConMan' doesn't have too many customers or he wouldn't have time to spend here harassing us!
(Notice his posting times. When I was in the construction business, I was on the job at the times he is playing on the computer!)
He just likes trying to push our 'hot' buttons when he knows we can't do anything about the crap he brings up. He probably has a restraining order to prevent him from getting into company sites, so he comes to our little playground.
I have started just skipping over his posts and going on.

Kevin Hromas
Go to Top of Page

adjuster12

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  18:36:51  Show Profile
Kevin, as of now, I will follow your advice Thanks man for stating the obvious
Go to Top of Page

ALANJ

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  20:34:02  Show Profile
Sticking our heads in a hole does not make it right.
Go to Top of Page

Tom Toll

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  21:21:48  Show Profile
TURN YOUR COMPUTERS OFF AT NIGHT OR THE POLICIA MAY SURPRISE YOU!

Police raid home for pot after seeing high electric bills
Carlsbad, California police raided a suburban home after the family's U.S. $250-$300 per month electricity bills led them to suspect that the homeowners were growing marijuana under high-intensity lamps.
Instead, they found often-used washing machines and dryers, three computers always left on, a dishwashing machine running often and three children who forgot to turn off lights when they left a room.
"It's hard to believe a high utility bill would be enough to issue a state warrant," said Dina Dagy, who owns the home. She is demanding a written apology. Police said they have apologized verbally and were following proper procedure.
Go to Top of Page

Czar

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  21:36:53  Show Profile
For all you coverage experts out there. What kind of coverage would the homeowner have for damages caused by a raid where no illegal activities were taking place
Go to Top of Page

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  21:44:16  Show Profile
What were the damages Czar?

Go to Top of Page

Czar

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  21:57:22  Show Profile
Don't know Jim I was just responding to Tom's post. He did not say if there were any damages, but I did have a similar claim about 3 months ago and knowing most police I would guess it would be at least a couple thousand.
Go to Top of Page

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  22:05:22  Show Profile
How did you handle the claim you had 3 months ago which was similar Czar?

Did you recommend coverage and what damages did the police leave behind?
Go to Top of Page

Czar

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  22:24:19  Show Profile
Jim:

In short, the police shot teargas into all the windows of the two-story home. The teargas canisters needless to say broke out all of the windows, broke all of the blinds and damaged drywall in every room when they hit the wall and a mirror in the living room. They then proceeded to ram the exterior door, totaling it and the frame. Once inside they tore up carpeting and hardwood floors, as their drug dog located the drugs in two different rooms under the floor. Also they tore down all blinds and curtain rods. Note: this was a rental unit. Claim was submitted as vandalism, so I no doubt took a Non-Waiver. After inspecting and speaking to the police, the adjuster that I was working for and myself agreed that there would be no coverage afforded due to (I don’t remember the exact policy language) illegal activities being conducted in the house. Claim denied. Unit owner was not happy, but that’s the cost of doing business by renting homes in this area of town. According to the insured, the city will make some reimbursement to the unit owner for the damages.

Side Note: [:)]Tenant gave keys for the home to police just minutes prior to the raid.
Go to Top of Page

WilburBarnes63026

14 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  22:32:52  Show Profile
While this may not be specifically on point, I would like to ask a question.

I received an application in the mail today from a company called Eberl's. Never heard of them or know how they found me. However, they write that in order for me to be considered by them for "call out" I must obtain a Texas adjusters license. My question is why?
Go to Top of Page

alanporco

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  22:41:29  Show Profile
Wilbur: Eberl's is one of the larger vendors, so I'm told. They work for State Farm, Farmers and Safeco. I've never worked for them (and probably won't because I've heard they were very upset about the topic I started inquiring about paying to go to their conference), but I have heard from someone who attended their recent conference that they are an excellent company to work for. They are HQ'd in Denver area. They probably want you to have a TX license because of the number of CATs that occur in TX.

Edited by - alanporco on 04/12/2004 22:43:42
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000