, Resources for Adjusters from Adjusters

Pop-up Camper Coverage Question Work and Career Info | Training | Locate Adjusters
Vendors | Marketplace

The Adjuster's Forum » Coverage Question Corner » Pop-up Camper Coverage Question « Topics Site Map »

Author Message
Tom Joyce (Tomj)
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 2:15 pm:   

OK, here you go Bill C,
I do not have a Texas HOB, but it is pretty much the same as a HO3. It would appear that the limit of $1000. would apply as a trailer.Policy does not define pop-up trailers, but the interpetation under coverage C 3 and 4 would appear to apply.
Many companies have special package policies that will increase limits in this area, so be careful.
Would suggest calling dealers, obtaining quotes on like, kind and quality and settle with those figures keeping any policy limits in mind
Linda Asberry (Linda)
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 1:31 pm:   

Trailers not used with watercraft and principally used for off road i.e. camper trailers are personal property. Stock or horse trailers are not. They are used primarily on road.

Texas personal property is paid RC for the first $1,500 if they have Endorsement HO-101, without regard to any depreciation. So if the RC is $800 then you pay them $800 with no hold back. If the RC is $2000 then you would pay them $1,500 + ACV on the balance. You would have to depreciate the $500 or 25% of the RC.

At least that's what I understand from the policy. As usual, I stand to be corrected.
John Durham (Johnd)
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 12:18 am:   

I'm pretty sure that it would be paid at ACV based on purchase price unless you have a special policy. If it is a standard Ho-B policy it would be ACV. Can you get any information from the Underwriting Department?
Roy Cupps (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 12:05 am:   

Bulletin Board transfer:

Name: SToTex
Email: SES7148200
Remote Name:
Date: 05/09/00
Time: 07:55:44 PM

Question, Texas HO-B policy, A 1974 Pop-up camper, purchased 1995 for $ 800.00. destroyed by snow/ice. Is the insured entitled to Replacement Cost Coverage in any amount to replace minus depreciation/hold-back or is it paid at ACV based on purchase price. I must be a newbee but cant find it in any polices nor F.C.S. Thanks and I will take the jabs at this question.

Topics | Home | Current Forum | The Classifieds | Adjuster Roster | Channels | Resources | About « Site Map » An Adjuster to Adjuster Community