NFIP Adjuster Fee Schedule
Updated: The information below comes from the October 1, 2021 NFIP Claims Manual
Section 2: Claims Processes and Guidance
This section provides FEMA claims processes and guidance. The primary audience is claims adjusters with call-out boxes denoting the claims examiners’ roles and responsibilities.
FEMA uses the current NFIP Adjuster Fee Schedule to make payment to insurers; the insurers, in turn, make payment to the adjusters.
- Current Adjuster Fee Schedule effective August 24, 2017 (See Appendix A).
- For ICC claims, use the ICC fee schedule, effective September 1, 2004 (See Appendix B)
NFIP ADJUSTER FEE SCHEDULE GUIDANCE
- Gross Loss
- Gross loss means the agreed cost to repair or replace before the following is applied:
- depreciation (recoverable or non-recoverable),
- policy deductible(s),
- salvage buy-back
- The gross loss shall not exceed any or all of the following policy limitations:
- Building and personal property policy limits stated in the Declarations Page
- Program Limits building and/or personal property
- Special Limits ($2,500)
- Loss Avoidance Measures for Sandbags, Supplies, and Labor ($1,000);
- Property Removed to Safety ($1,000)
- Pollution Damage – General Property form ($10,000)
- Policy Exclusions
- Note: Additional Documents are available below to download but login is required to access them.