Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Linda

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2004 :  23:49:15  Show Profile
Yes, spelling is important.

There is a "spell checker" on the "Reply to Topic" but there is not one on the "Quick Reply." It only takes a couple of seconds to check the spelling but may take several to edit your post to correct them later when you discover them. Roy provides us many wonderful tools--let's all use them.
Go to Top of Page

LarryW

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  01:22:28  Show Profile
Wow Linda. where did you hear that, on one of the posts you deleted from another thread?

Larry Wright
Go to Top of Page

MysteryCat

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  03:15:27  Show Profile
Let's all get in line.

Like little soldiers.
Go to Top of Page

katadj

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  21:30:09  Show Profile
Translation:

Dont worry, it will come to you, just takes a little practice.

And arryway, iway ontdat uyay aketa omesay artsma illpays?
Go to Top of Page

Tom Toll

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  22:37:44  Show Profile
Okay boys, lets tame it please. Curt and snide remarks are not necessary, nor do they produce fruit.
Go to Top of Page

LarryW

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  22:44:47  Show Profile
OK Tom, Curt and Snide have left the building.

Larry Wright
Go to Top of Page

Tom Toll

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  22:48:16  Show Profile
Thank you Curt and Snide, now go forth and conquer the world. May you have a fantastic adjusting season.
Go to Top of Page

Glowtom

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2004 :  11:06:49  Show Profile
Over the many years of reviewing estimates and files these are my misspelled hall of fame words.

1. accoustic
2. deductable
3. tennant
4. dinning room
5. hale
Go to Top of Page

adjuster12

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2004 :  20:57:38  Show Profile
Don't forget " hell, shangles, ruff, farplace, and many others too numberous to mention
Go to Top of Page

KileAnderson

USA
875 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2004 :  22:41:26  Show Profile
I had an estimate last week where the roofer was proposing to replace the current roof with "3-TAP SHINGERS".
Go to Top of Page

Glowtom

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2004 :  22:51:27  Show Profile
My favorite estimate was written in 1967. The contractor was replacing "sheeprock", replacing all damaged "stybs" (studs) and the estimate had to be signed by a "notary republic". I still have the estimate. I also have a letter from an Air Force officer in England that gave me permission to "attack his wife in San Antonio". He later sent me another letter thanking me for not taking him up. He said he meant to say "contact his wife".
Go to Top of Page

rorunner_77

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2004 :  23:04:28  Show Profile
attack would be unnecessary after smooth contact
Go to Top of Page

Wes

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  11:29:47  Show Profile
I have spoken to some adjusters that are now using the "you talk it types" computer software to complete reports. They say this software saves them a lot of time but does have its draw backs. The software will not recognize every spoken word the way you intend for it to be typed. After completing the report draft you must proofread and spell check to find these miss recognized words. The adjusters I spoke to still feel this is a time saver over typing out complete reports. Personaly I don't believe the time savings would make up for all the potential mistakes that proofreading and spell check will miss.
Go to Top of Page

rbryanhines

22 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  17:35:34  Show Profile
Some need to reread their own posts before they make fun of other’s spelling and grammar.
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2004 :  08:05:51  Show Profile
From my question raised concerning 'chat room lingo' in the "Tablet PC" thread, I thank DG for a reply and Wes for the link. My further comments are best suited here.

Reviewing the "chat lingo" found in the link, it is very clear to me now why the generation behind me (well maybe it's 1 1/2 of them), can not write a sentence or spell with any clarity.

Is life such a rush and a commotion that people have to abbreviate a sentence into a word, or a word into a letter? The last year that I saw Pitman Shorthand used was in 1969, and it was the Dictaphone that made Delores's mother obsolete at the office. And, that was just a private code amongst the stenographic armies of the office world, that later turned those scribbles into fine prose.

Wes's point with regards to body language being expressed through personal communication is valid, and noted. In that regard I do see some value to some of the "smileys" noted in the link. But again, written communication is capable of expressing emotion; we have seen many lesser illustrations of that in this website.

But, as I ponder whether I should consider adopting this new 'greet and scratch' style (geez, right away I'm wrong - I'd have to scratch to create the greet), my mind wanders of its applicability when I'm on some foreign beach. I picture myself plunked down into the sand, with my tablet and chalk, watching the Miss All Legs walk by wearing those How Low Jeans (I guess it is a dream - that vision should come from the mall), okay so now they are all wearing the medium weight dental floss; so do I quickly scribble onto my tablet 0:-) :-{} :-9 ^ :-& hold that up and give a nice smile? Seems simpler, with a lot less to remember, to just match the stride; and come out with a "how you doing?"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000