Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

LarryW

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2004 :  11:44:20  Show Profile
leoncrow: If there is no structural damage and you are paying for debris removal, which isn't covered, then why would you want to apply the deductible?

Larry Wright
Go to Top of Page

mitchgrogan

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2004 :  18:45:26  Show Profile

The last part of the first question
The trees and or branches dangling precariously over the house.
Yes this is the insured?s responsibility, to remove or to have removed.
I think that you need to try and find out if the insured plans to remove it him self, and relay his intent to the insurance carrier.
1. If he plans to remove it himself and the tree was to get away from him in the process ends up in the kitchen and dining room floors.
a. The insurance co would pay for the repair to the now damaged structure and pay for the final tree removal.
b. The insured did his part, to try to protect the property to the best of his ability. It was maybe not his fault, or it looked easy to do, he took his best shot and failed, end result will be that the insurance co. will pay for the damage, tree removal, and debris removal.
2. By relaying the insured?s intent to the carrier, the carrier has the option to reduce their loss amounts
This is the way that I have handled this in the past.
Some to them paying to remove the overhead trees and some of them not.
In the end I can sleep at night knowing that I did my job to the fullest for all involved.

Mitch
Go to Top of Page

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2004 :  19:37:47  Show Profile
As for the insured who cuts his tree down over and into his own home...

we even have a name for the very dumbest of our most stupid minded moronically flawed mentally challenged individual insureds:

"Our Hero"

Even Ghostbuster knows when to call in Paul Bunyon. And we all know he is challenged.

Edited by - JimF on 03/10/2004 19:38:41
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000