Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Newt

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  09:32:26  Show Profile
My Dr. is trying to set me up for some work tomorrow in the OR.
I lost circulation in my left arm, and have an obstruction in an artery which is affecting the blood circulation. I feel fine, no pain or symptoms except for no pulse.
I noticed my arm was getting extremely tired, took my blood pressure and pulse and lo and behold I had none. For those of you who don't have a digital blood pressure machine, get one. You can detect a problem before it gets serious and they are not that expensive.
Also its good for the whole family.
I will take a couple of days to get over this, and workup to full steam in a couple of weeks, means I got to get back to using stairs and walking a lot. Maybe do some more of those steep roofs while I'm resting. I am going to continue working claims, and only take the rest of the week off.

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  10:31:36  Show Profile
You old goat Newton. Maybe its time to walk more often to your favorite fishing hole, and build the strength back up in your arm by casting with it every second day or so.

You do what your vet tells you, and take it easy; and report back here soon.
Go to Top of Page

Newt

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  13:58:11  Show Profile
The fishing sounds good, and I may do a lot more this spring. I would love to do some fly fishing and if that don't work, I'll try dynamite, if I can get the game warden to go with me.

I like your fish much better than mine, I never cared for warm water fish, except the salt water varity. The fishing around Newfoundland and Nova Scotia was the best at one time, now after about fifty years, I doubt its any better than the inland waters.

I will take care of myself and respect my Dr, he is a wise man and I wouldn't think of doing anything other that what he advises. He knows my internal workings better than I. He put me through every test known, thats why he wants to get on with get this dog and pony show on the road and I said go for it.
Go to Top of Page

Russ

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2003 :  07:43:41  Show Profile
Newt, Get well soon and listen to your Doctor. I hope to see you on the road this year!!!
Go to Top of Page

Newt

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2003 :  19:46:28  Show Profile
Had to have triple by pass,they put it off a couple of days, and will need another proceedure a month from now. The next operation will be outpatient. I had the operation Saturday night and came home Monday(today) I feel pretty good , I never had any pain, and sat up two nights, I only got cat naps.( the two nights I was there). I will go back the 5th of Jan to get the staples out. I got released this morning at eight AM. I kind of set a record for healing. My greatest fear is diabeties. My sugar level remained 90 to 94. That was a plus. I had a good Doctor and some wonderful nurses.
Go to Top of Page

Linda

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2003 :  21:35:25  Show Profile
Newt, we all are grateful you are healing so quickly. Take care of yourself! Sounds like you and Clayton need to wet a line or two together! Trout fishing in the Rockies is pretty good too!

Happy holidays!
Go to Top of Page

Newt

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2004 :  16:35:40  Show Profile
So far so good, One problem I had was lost a pulse to my left arm, It came back on its own. That was the reason I went to the Dr. in the first place.
I just finished up three helpings of BBQ beef I cooked up, sauce and all . The DR said I would loose some weight and be inemic for a while. I gained back fourteen pounds in the past three weeks. I can still gain 25 pounds without having to cut back. I do enjoy good food.
I appreciate all the kind words and it sure makes a fella feel good to know you got friends pulling for you.. By the way Clayton, I just may change my name to "old goat", it fits.
I may go back o work in a couple of weeks, the Dr said I could go sky-diving in six weeks. I ask about Bungie Jumping and he said we would have to wait and see in a couple of weeks. I am not dumb, so I won't be jumping out of an airplane with the engines running, unless I take the door jambs with me, and who ever pushes me. "OLD GOAT"
Go to Top of Page

Newt

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2004 :  17:03:32  Show Profile
PS I have done one claim since the operation, thats not five a day, and it didn't require climbing. I must be old.
I got most of my vision back. I don't have to wear glasses except for reading. My wife had the same thing happen about ten years ago. She got some new glasses and in a couple of days she couldn't see with them, went back to the Dr. and he told her the reason she couldn't see with them is she didn't need them. She still has good vision.
Her health is failing, she is now on the Hospice program and its just a matter of time. She was in the hospital at the same time I was, on a ventilator to assist her breathing. Both of us were in the ICU at the same time. It has been over fifty-four years since we tied the knot so we accept the fact that this is about all we're gonna get out of this dog and pony show. It has been great.
Go to Top of Page

Newt

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  17:32:05  Show Profile
I may be out of pocket a little longer, my wife had a set back and they said it was a matter of days, not weeks now. She has been in a lot of pain, its hard for me to deal with. I know I will have to accept the loss, yet it is not easy..

I will have to get back to work as soon as possible,theres nothing like work to keep the spirit alive. You have to play the hand you're dealt or fold and I refuse to fold.

I will be back soon and maybe I can contribute to the site.
Go to Top of Page

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  17:38:48  Show Profile
Newt, just know that all of us here are thinking about you, and you and your wife are in our thoughts and prayers.

Would you please consider posting your mailing address so that those so inclined may send you a card. Please let us know if there is anything we can do in your hour of need.

May God Bless you and your wife and keep you both in his grace and glory, that you both may know the peace he promises that passeth all understanding.
Go to Top of Page

Linda

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  22:03:43  Show Profile
Newt, there are no words at a time like this to express our sympathy and support while you are going through one of the greatest hurdles of life.

Just know you have friends here who care. Please post your address or send it to Roy Cupps privately.

You and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  06:52:42  Show Profile
Newt's address can be found in the CADO roster, under Gil Newton.
Go to Top of Page

KileAnderson

USA
875 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  12:53:46  Show Profile
Newt,

I'm so sorry to hear the news. Please remember that when all else seems to fail, faith will be your support. No one knows why things happen, but someday it will all be clear to us. If you need anything just ask.
Go to Top of Page

Newt

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  07:55:06  Show Profile
It is hard to whine when you have been as blessed as I have. I had rather have all my memories, and debts than all the money and memories of most of the so called rich people I know. If your cup does not runneth over, then you may not be putting anything into it. I didn't get this out of a book, it came from mistakes I made over the years. Lately, all I think about is how lucky I have been, the years and years of good times, good friends and family. Sure makes it hard to feel short changed. Most of you guys and gals know exactly what I mean, its something to think about, it helps.
I never celebrate a loss, I only celebrate the fact that I had something to lose and was rich for a time.
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  10:07:33  Show Profile
Newt, you continue to personify that "Keeping Fit" is so much more than a physical endeavor. I am so inexperienced compared to your journey in life, to this point in time. However, 10 or so years ago, I started to realize that life is measured in memories and not in years.

When grey and darkening days weigh heavy on our shoulders, with the problems and concerns of the day; you have given me a new perspective to reach out for. There is a lot of merit in your words, never celebrate a loss, only celebrate the fact that you had something to loose; and of how rich you were to have had that special person during that time.

I am not capable of expressing my thoughts on what you are going through, but I do draw strength from your vision of life.
Go to Top of Page

Newt

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  19:54:17  Show Profile
My wife passed away the 10th, and now I have to move on. I knew this would be hard. So my friends never take your loved ones for granted, they are gone too soon.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000