No convention?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mameluke

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2003 :  11:48:42  Show Profile
Why won't there be a CADO convention this year?

Bob Huddleston
CR#00464

Admin

547 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2003 :  16:58:49  Show Profile
Not enough interest.

Roy Cupps -
CatAdjuster.org :: Contact\Feedback :: Adjuster Roster :: Current Forum
Go to Top of Page

okclarryd

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2003 :  17:06:38  Show Profile
The issue may be not enough interest at the bank. Know what I mean??

LARRY D HARDIN
Go to Top of Page

Tom Toll

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2003 :  18:32:15  Show Profile
Not sure what that remark is supposed to mean. I know for an absolute fact that no surplus money was made at any CADO convention, in fact, money was lost and came out of our leaders pocket. So, if such an inference was made, your full of prune juice. You would think, that as an adjusting society, there would be a lot of interest in a CADO convention. The problem, everybody wants it in a certain month, a certain place, and at a certain price. Is that possible, of course not. We have a lot of members and guests, but they just want to read the pages for entertainment, or possibly learning, and that is about it. I count about 30 people on CADO that are truly interested in participating in CADO conventions and posting. CADO is a wonderful tool for all of us to learn from each other and to learn of events germane to our occupation. I personally could care less about those with all those high falootin credentials, as in this society, it means nothing, (as has already been said) when you are on a roof, or a burned out shell of a house. I have all those credentials and some that most do not have. You will not, however, see them behind my name. They were earned by me and no one else, so they belong within my name, not alongside or behind it.

Janice and I work about 90% of a year because we do our jobs properly, with good attitudes, and no griping. You make good money on some of the projects, and less on others. It does no good to moan about it, that is this business.

I am asking that more people post on CADO. If you have information about policies, how to ideas, or shortcuts to make our jobs easier, post em. As one of the moderators, I and the other moderators agree to not allow you to be flamed or humilitated, nor will Roy. Good hunting ladies and gentlemen.

Edited by - Tom Toll on 12/08/2003 18:37:20
Go to Top of Page

Ghostbuster

476 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2003 :  19:48:08  Show Profile
Personally, I'd rather be scorched by Ol' Dragons Breath than be full of prune juice, any old day. Granted when the bowels are empty the heart is happy, but an overload of prune juice is beyond the pale. It's just plain mean-spirited to wish that on anyone.
Go to Top of Page

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2003 :  22:18:41  Show Profile
Ghostbuster you know you've been a bad boy or girl when Santa leaves you a gallon of that prune mash, a bag of coal and a bundle of switches.

Prune juice?
P-R-U-N-E J-U-I-C-E?
PahRune Juice?

We thought that Ebenezer was Scrooge?
Where the Dickens is Charles when we need him?

BTW: Ol' Dragon's Breath would sell for a premium up in New England tonight.

Edited by - JimF on 12/08/2003 22:37:22
Go to Top of Page

TomS

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2003 :  03:56:30  Show Profile
Tom,
For the benefit of doubt, maybe Larry meant, no enough interest in "his" bank as in not enought work this year to afford a trip to a convention.
Just a little food for thought!
Ya'll all have a good Holiday.

Go to Top of Page

Tom Toll

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2003 :  05:48:21  Show Profile
Tom, you very well may be right. Thats the problem with confusing statements, not direct statements, they can be misinterpreted. As my friends will acknowledge, when I say something, there is no question as to what it means. Direct statements speak for themselves, requiring very little cognitive process.

Edited by - Tom Toll on 12/10/2003 07:08:05
Go to Top of Page

Newt

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2003 :  08:24:08  Show Profile
The last convention was a huge sucess for a few people, and a failure for most. For Roy it was a bust and all those who didn't or couldn't attend missed out on a well organized get-to-gether.

Personally, I gained a lot, however I did miss out on meeting many of the folks I wanted to meet.

If anyone ever finds two adjusters that agree on any thing, let me know. That may be the attraction to this field, all the contraries in a wad.

I don't care what they say about Jim F, he is O.K....I would be if my wife didn't dress me funny.

I have a claim to get out, see ya'll later.

Go to Top of Page

MysteryCat

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2003 :  12:21:09  Show Profile
It should be held in the cold winter months , when most of us are NOT working. Last year it was scheduled after the largest recent hailstorm occurred in Dallas. No wonder no one could attend.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000