Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fivedaily

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  23:14:39  Show Profile
From http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos125.htm
A few thoughts...

"Claims adjusters, appraisers, examiners, and investigators held about 207,000 jobs in 2000. Of these, almost 13,000 were auto damage insurance appraisers. Two percent of adjusters, appraisers, examiners, and investigators were self-employed."

"Employment of claims adjusters, appraisers, examiners, and investigators is expected to grow about as fast as the average* for all occupations over the 2000-10 period. Opportunities will be best in the areas of property and casualty insurance, and health insurance. Many job openings also will result from the need to replace workers who transfer to other occupations or leave the labor force."

*increase 10-20%

Jennifer

fivedaily

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  23:25:11  Show Profile
Here are some other articles regarding salary & outlook:

http://www.claimsmag.com/Issues/Oct00/overworked.asp
"It's easier to work for self-insureds these days, as they respect our abilities and experience. We're able to protect them by conducting an adequate investigation," said another long-time independent adjuster."

"Salary - This year, the average independent adjuster in our survey earned about $59,500, compared to insurance company staff adjusters, who pulled in an average of $50,366 in the last year."

"Despite his poor compensation, one adjuster surveyed said he would rather be in claims than in any other insurance department. "I don't think I could be an underwriter or work in the marketing department because my work is so interesting and challenging," he said. One 50-year-old company claims staff adjuster may have summed up most adjusters' ambivalence toward their perpetually underpaid, overworked lifestyle. "Never paid enough. Always too much work," he said. "I enjoy it."

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000