Digital Binoculars
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rr

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  09:09:56  Show Profile
I just received an advertisement on a pair of binoculars with a digital camera.

Anyone seen them or tried them sure would help if they work.

Thanks

Ron

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  09:30:14  Show Profile
Ron, I've seen the same type of set up on a rifle scope, with a built in digital camera. That isn't my slice of cheese, but a 10 - 20 yard view through a good scope is right in your face.

With the same principals applied to a good pair of binoculars, I can see it being a good tool for those areas hard to get on top of, or that you shouldn't venture further to get on top of.
Go to Top of Page

rr

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  13:29:29  Show Profile
Thanks
I just got a spam advertising from and it looked good and I have never heard of this before so started checking this am.
This would be a good tool.

http://crazyape.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/browse.itmeDetail/sku/NB400

I also checked search out on Binocular digital and found alot out there.

any one else comments please sure looks like a handy item for $100 to $200 hundred dollars.

Thanks

Ron
Go to Top of Page

Wally

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  21:06:15  Show Profile
These are basically a 10x zoom with a 640x480 picture size. That part is ok, but I don't think the optics are very good, so the picture is fuzzy.

The other problem is they do not have a memory card, but a fixed memory so you have a limited number of pictures. In addition, you have to connect the camera to the computer with a usb port, so make sure your computer has that.

Check the specs on the camera. And check the prices on E-Bay. I think they are cheaper there.

Wally
Go to Top of Page

rorunner_77

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  00:09:16  Show Profile
Check out your local wal mart superstore. I have a pair but have never dreamed of using them in adjusting. You can chose what pixel pics you want.
Go to Top of Page

ChuckDeaton

USA
373 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  10:37:50  Show Profile
I bought a pair and tried them, my son just used them on a trip to India. One of the problems seems to be a fuzzy picture. All binoculars shake and since the camera is using the magnification of the binoculars the pictures can be fuzzy. This is amplified by a relatively slow shutter speed.

My take is that a digital camera hooked to binoculars is not the best solution and probably not worth the money.
Go to Top of Page

LMLinson

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  11:33:36  Show Profile
I looked through some while visiting Target before Christmas. They weren't impressive, I doubt the photos will be near the quality that we need. Chucks experience w/ the pair he has is about what I would have expected.
Go to Top of Page

KileAnderson

USA
875 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  13:57:14  Show Profile
Even a really good 300mm lense on a high end 35mm camera isn't going to really give you a good idea of what you are looking at unless it is something pretty obvious like trying to show that a roof vent has dents on it from hail damage. I seriously doubt that you will be able to use it to show damage to shingles on a roof from the ground.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000