Marketing the benefits of member usage
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2003 :  08:18:19  Show Profile
In the "Feedback on Fee Schedule" thread, Lee asked a question, "how would you actually market yourselves to the claims community so that our interest would be protected ....?"

I've come back to the threads in this forum, to try and keep our thoughts collected in one area.

The beginning of the answer to Lee's question sits in the suggested draft of the Mission Statement for the Organization. Please click over to the specific Mission Statement thread and consider the draft.

In my personal opinion there are five core areas that the Organization would market itself and its membership to. I'll summarize each core marketing area, as I envision it.

First core area, the professional independent adjuster association (PIAA) would market itself to non-member adjusters. The strength of this organization - given that the purpose of the organization is along the lines as noted in the specific 'Purpose' thread - is ultimately established by the number of professional adjusters it represents. Strength will come from a growing group of professional adjusters, who through their qualification for membership in the organization have adopted the Code of Ethics and have met the varying criteria to obtain one of the levels of standardized competency.

Second core area, the PIAA would market itself to insurance carriers. All the goals, purpose and mission that the association ideals are based on; would be marketed to the carriers. The value added benefits of utilizing association adjusters would be marketed to carriers. The emphasis is to have the carriers recognize the benefits and encourage them to instruct their vendors to utilize the services of professional adjusters who have obtained a standardized level of competency, for claims handled on their behalf.

Third core area, the PIAA would market itself to claims adjusting vendors. All the goals, purpose and mission that the association ideals were based on would be marketed to these vendors. The value added benefits of only utilizing association adjusters would be marketed to the vendors. The emphasis is to encourage and convince the vendors to seek out the services of only those adjusters who have attained a standardized level of competency, to do claims on their behalf. The 'win-win' solution for the vendor of utilizing association adjusters would be promoted, i.e. the vendor utilizing professional adjusters to do a professional job for the carrier, which will enhance the position of the vendor with the respective carrier.

Fourth core area, the PIAA would market itself to other insurance industry groups and associations. The goals, purpose and mission that the association ideals were based on would be shared and focused to other professional associations within the insurance industry. This would, in time, allow this association to liaise with other associations on important issues that jointly affected members.

Fifth core area, the PIAA would market itself to the insuring public at large. All the goals, purpose and mission that the association ideals were based on would be highlighted to the insuring public at large. The emphasis is to make the public (personal and commercial) aware that there is an association of professional adjusters who have attained standardized levels of comptency, and that their interests would be served best if an association professional adjuster was utilized on any claim they had.

All of this comes in steps and stages, but I hope this summary would give you some comfort in what an association could do to market the benefits of use of its members.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000