Purpose of the "__________" Organization
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2003 :  11:20:34  Show Profile
There has been some good banter this past week concerning many aspects of this evolution, but not a lot of discussion.

Let's see if we can start to carve it up into bite size pieces for more detailed discussion.

The following relates to the topic, and is a draft for consideration.

Purpose of the "__________" Organization

(1) to promote and maintain a high standard of professionalism and ethics in the business of insurance claims adjusting.

(2) to secure and promote in the interest of its members, amiable professional relationships with government departments and agencies, governing bodies and members of other organizations and insurance associations, the general public and carriers and vendors this association may deal with; in all matters connected with the business of insurance and insurance claims.

(3) to deal with problems affecting the business of insurance claims and adjusting as a whole.

Ghostbuster

476 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2003 :  19:51:12  Show Profile
#1. OK by me.

#2. Delete the words from the second phrase, 'amiable professional'.

#3. OK by me.

It also needs something in there regarding , just a strong hint, mind you, professional compensation without coming right out and saying it. Maybe something along the lines of promoting the members general welfare...help me out here, my brain just quit working.
Go to Top of Page

BuckyS

14 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2003 :  21:03:17  Show Profile
In the (blank) space "______________" Organization, couldn't one just fill in this blank with "NACA" or "CPCU" or "RPA"?

Aren't you really just reinventing the wheel here? And isn't this sort on an annual exercise among a small group of 10 to 15 cat adjusters? Where are the clamoring masses among storm troopers begging to get in and participate?
Go to Top of Page

Ghostbuster

476 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  08:05:49  Show Profile
Well, Bucky, ol' pal...

Those clamoring masses are indeed waiting and watching AND anticipating this creation. That they are reticient in reacting reflects merely the fear of reprisal from the forces of evil at the vendors and carriers who seek the usual 'grind them into the dirt' tactics of corporate politics.

Oh yeah, when it is built, they will come!
Go to Top of Page

BuckyS

14 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  16:06:38  Show Profile
Well Ghostbuster Ol' Pal....

Your first paragraph lays out one theory as to the lack of fanfare and festival AND presence from the clamoring masses.

Do you possibly suspect that there could at least be other reasons?

With regard to your last comment. Isn't that what they said when they started NACA?

"The Buck Stops Here"
Go to Top of Page

Ghostbuster

476 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  21:10:49  Show Profile
The difference is that NACA was/is controlled by the vendors themselves. That way control over the organization does not 'rock the boat' with their cuddly cozy relationships with the carrier honchos. It's an old, old story...having a deer lease in south Texas and taking the honchos from USAA to it, or a deep sea fishing yacht in the Gulf of Mexico, or a Rocky Mountain palatial golfing excursion, these are common tricks of the marketing game. We all know that, and with 20/20 hindsight, in 1984 when the owner of the claim service bought a deer rifle for the asst. manager of the Western Ins. Co., I should not have been shocked but should have chipped in and bought the ammo for it and maybe, just maybe, the good times might have lasted a little longer!

But, I digress. This aborning association will NOT be controlled by any one or group except we the individual professionals that make up the association.

Edited by - Ghostbuster on 08/19/2003 21:13:10
Go to Top of Page

Tom Toll

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2003 :  18:47:45  Show Profile
Well said Ghostbuster and true. It takes people with grit and determination to start an organization that will have some educational and recognizable tags in this wonderful industry. No, this organization will belong to all who wish to be recognized as truly professional and with proper credentials. Bucky S seems to have a proclivity toward negativism and pessimism.

This new group will be exuberant about their pursuits to deliver service to clients, reflective of character, integrity, and honesty. For those of otherwise characteristics, will not be allowed to participate in the organization. The organization will be free of vendor and company persuasion or any outside influence. It will be run by its membership for the better of the membership and no others.

Bucky S, in order to unlock any door, a key must be made to fit the lock, then and only then can the door be opened. This is the beginning of a claims phenomina that will influence our industry and improve the industry. Certain criteria must be met to gain membership, as well it should be.
Go to Top of Page

BuckyS

14 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2003 :  19:29:31  Show Profile
Ghostbuster Ol Chum, so let me see if I have this straight:

The problem with NACA was they painted their wagon purple and you're going to paint yours green. Is that it? Of course, if storm troopers don't like green, you can always run down to Earl Scheib and get the $199 Pro 1 Package and Voila, that mother will be Ol' Yeller.

Now I like what Tom says in saying "this organization will belong to all who wish to be recognized as truly professional and with proper credentials".

Credentials. Now there's a nice word. What does that mean?

Will your organizational "credentials" be recognized by the insurance carriers in the same way that CPCU, AIC and RPA are presently? Will your credentialing (is that a word?) tests be more stringent than CPCU or AIC or less stringent? What are the credentials of the people in this new organization who will be writing your credentialing exams? Will the State Farms, USAA's, Farmers and others, be in such a state of shock and awe, that they will simply toss their certifications into the trash can and substitute yours, with the acknowledgement that you had the right answer all along while they were blinded by their short sightedness?

Oh yes did I mention that Ol' Earl has a special this month for those wanting to paint their wagons orange just in case green doesn't pan out?

Now riddle me this GB: why is it that all these wonderful new ideas for what is best for all storm troopers always the brainstorm of those cat adjusters who are sitting at home by their telephone or logged on to CADO all day, and not those adjusters out working on a storm? That I never could understand and I doubt others out working can either.

You guys have way too much time on your hands. Please God send us a hurricane this year to save us from ourselves.
Go to Top of Page

Tom Toll

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2003 :  20:11:56  Show Profile
Bucky, out of the past 19 months, Janice and I have worked for 17 months and 2 weeks of that time. I have always been interested in helping others if they ask for it. We are in Memphis working right now. I will take out time to assist anyone, regardless of what I am doing, as will Janice and a number of other ol timers and new timers of educated background. I will take out time to help moderate CADO and to make commentary. I will not, under any circumstances get into a written debate with you or anyone else on a subject that has been dear to my heart for many years, that of a true organization of adjusters dedicated only to professionalism, honest and pure intent. Your pessimism and on this subject is well noted and observed by many. Are you working and who are you?? I have heard of Bucky Beaver, but not that of Buckey S
Go to Top of Page

ChuckDeaton

USA
373 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2003 :  21:42:54  Show Profile
Actually Bucky all of those who make up the steering committee are working adjusters and adjusters who are working at the moment. Since you have such a clear view of the difficulties involved in forming an effective professional association we invite you to join us. I expect that we and the adjusting community as a whole can benefit from your view point and experience. Participation is what is going to make this attempt fly.
Go to Top of Page

Ghostbuster

476 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2003 :  22:22:38  Show Profile
Yes indeed, please do 'paint your wagon and come along'. In fact, the imagery of the play and movie, "Paint Your Wagon', has much in common with our existence as storm troopers. And, to build this No-Name City requires us to all come together as an organized group to prevent it's falling down from being undermined by the selfish actions of a few. What few? How about the carrier honchos that always are looking for ways to increase their secret bonus's at the expense of the independent adjuster. Or, the vendor who cravenly acedes to the overstaffing of a storm leaving too many troops sent out to work too few losses. And, let's not the software companies who intentionally put out a flawed product and use us as the crash dummies.

Last but not least, it took organization to bring the French tarts to No-Name City. A professional trade organization, that's why we have painted our wagons, we're on our way!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000