Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

katadj

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2003 :  18:43:39  Show Profile
Shucks, they ain't takin any orders online.

Had to get put on the "will notify you" list, hope I get mine before the "A" or the "D" come up.

Also asked them if it will work with Streets 9.0 as this is the prefered version for me.

Go to Top of Page

CatDaddy

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2003 :  20:09:17  Show Profile
I just got Delorme Street Atlas 2003. No more little houses, only map tags. I am a little discouraged. I liked my little houses!
Go to Top of Page

Linda

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2003 :  21:45:53  Show Profile
I know, I've already tried! I even called them and said just ship it when you get it but they won't! Drats! Guess we'll all just have to be patient together. $129 for the whole kit and kaboodle sounds a lot less than I originally paid for the other Earthmate, no? Seems like it was more like $200 for all of it and then I paid another $60 for the USB connector.

Chuck, did you and Dave get the site for the "Cool" tool belt? Seems it will be doing the same thing the cooler packs did in the extreme high temps. What do you think?
Go to Top of Page

Admin

547 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2003 :  22:39:22  Show Profile
We will be giving some Earthmates away at the convention.

You know the exporting of the Loss Location into the mapping program is a great tool. I saw a couple of adjusters use it on my last assignment. They also received all of their claims via download so they did not even need to enter the addresses. Dave put out a Katt's Report on GPS a few years ago and it's still on the site.Tech Report

(sorry for the convention plug)

Roy Cupps -
CatAdjuster.org :: Contact\Feedback :: Adjuster Roster :: Current Forum
Go to Top of Page

Jeanette

25 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2003 :  21:45:51  Show Profile
We used the send to DeLorme feature in Xactimate for the first time this storm (tried it at home first) and it worked great about 99% of the time. I didn't notice at first that if Street Atlas couldn't find the street or block it would just locate it to zip code. It looks like it is all mapped out, but isn't really near the risk location. We frequently can't find the street locations in the new developements even on the internet.
Go to Top of Page

jge1978

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2003 :  10:48:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by KileAnderson

I've heard a couple of mentions of Xactimate working with Delorme but I haven't tried it yet. I use Delorme 2003 or deluxe or whatever it is called. I'd like to get Delorme Topo USA. I hear it is pretty cool. I've tried Microsoft Streets and Trips but I didn't like it at all. Maybe it was just because I was used to Delorme. It took me a while to get used to the new Delorme after using 7.0 for almost 2 years.

Does anyone know how to turn off the voice function on Delorme 2003 without completely shutting down the sound on the whole computer. I hate the voice directions, it drives me nuts. I have tried for months to find out how to turn it off but can't seem to figure it out so I just end up muting my computer.

JG Eldridge
Go to Top of Page

jge1978

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2003 :  10:49:35  Show Profile
Kylie, you should be able to type " alt d " or
"ctrl d" to mute the delores voice option

JG Eldridge
Go to Top of Page

cordner69

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  17:00:04  Show Profile
DeLorme SA 2004 and the new usb Earthmate software
Go to Top of Page

Linda

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  15:13:42  Show Profile
Would someone please walk me through importing Exactimate/Delorme?

Go to Top of Page

sbeau4014

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2004 :  08:25:28  Show Profile
Linda, are you talking about importing files from a program like Integra into the new Delorme version like you used to be able to do with 9.0?
Go to Top of Page

Linda

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2004 :  11:59:09  Show Profile
Yes, I am talking about importing the loss addresses from Xactimate into Delorme. I understand it can be done and easily but that there is some "path" that has to be entered/changed. I am "tech" challenged and need help in making this adjustment.
Go to Top of Page

sbeau4014

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2004 :  16:36:48  Show Profile
Linda,
I can tell you how on Integra and it might be the same on Xactimate. It is not real hard, but I don't know if I can explain it on the puter. If you want, email me with your ph # and a good time to call and I'll give you a buzz and try to walk you thru it. My email is sbeau4014@aol.com.

Steve Beaumont
Go to Top of Page

Steve H

Switzerland
30 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2004 :  23:31:57  Show Profile
Xactimate will work with Delorme 7.0 and 9.0 and will admit these are the only versions that Xact has tested. The problem with these Delorme versions is that they are old. They do not have new streets and Delorme no longer services them, so that if you have a problem, Delorme will disavow any knowledge of their existence and will deny that they have a duplicate copy to send you.

Dolorme 2003 was the first windows version of Delorme. It did not work with Xact or anything wlse, so they issued 2003 Plus, which did work with other programs. I assume that the same situation continues with 2004, i.e., you probably have to have 2004 Plus to interact with Xact, but neither company will allow that the other exists and both get really defensive about it. But that's another story.

To map in Delorme 7.0, 9.0 or 2003 Plus (and presumably 2004 Plus), go into your list of claims, highlight the ones scheduled for a given day, click on Options and clip on the bottom option. I think it's export, but my Xact is turned off when I'm not working, so I can't be sure that's what it's called. Click on it and it copies the files to an excel file. Copy it to the desktop, so you can find it and name it with that date. You then open Delorme, click on file and then on import address book, click on the excel file where you stored the list of files and it will populate your screen with tags and arrows pointing to the locations. But don't trust it to be 100% accurate. If it doesn't know a location, it will send you to some other street with the same 100 block that sort of sounds like it, so keep your brain on.

To turn off the Stephen Hawking voice, go to GPS and unclick the GPS Voice Navigation item.
Go to Top of Page

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  00:18:04  Show Profile
Sounds to me like it doesn't work.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000