Earthquake in L.A.?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jimbo

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  07:34:47  Show Profile
Just heard on our local news that there had been a 5.+ earthquake in Los Angeles this morning. I can't find out anything further from the Weather Channel or CNN. Did anyone else hear anything about an earthquake, or was I dreaming?

ShermaninCO

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  07:45:59  Show Profile
It was near Big Bear 5.4 depth 2 miles shake map available at http://earthquake.usgs.gov/shakemap/sc/shake/

Bill Sherman
Go to Top of Page

Jimbo

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  07:56:27  Show Profile
Thanks for your response. And-the earthquake was just reported on CNN with no report of injury or property damage.
Go to Top of Page

katadj

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  08:02:06  Show Profile
Here is another useful link:

http://wwwneic.cr.usgs.gov/
Go to Top of Page

j6407

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  16:20:40  Show Profile
That part of Souther Cal up in the Sierra mountains gets earthquacks on a regular basis. No big deal. I doubt there will be any claims. The only thing that results from quacks in that part of the Sierras is that peoplc realize that their deductible is to high for the damage they have and maybe they should move to Tucson.
As usuall, I hope I am wrong and we do get work out of it but I am not holding my breath.
Juan J
Go to Top of Page

Cecelia

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2003 :  12:13:42  Show Profile
Welcome home to an earthquake!!! I woke up just before it occurred. There was no noise (usually there is a rumble that gets louder as the shaking begins)and the actually shaking was more of a rolling feeling. Nothing fell off shelves, no car alarms went off. I was in North Hollywood at the time near the Hollywood freeway (if anyone is familiar with the area). I doubt there will be very many claims from this event.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000