Least Favorite Cat Ever
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fivedaily

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  16:54:27  Show Profile
Okay... so now we know what everyone likes... let's find out what everyone doesn't like. But, since I know we can all be a little wordy, let's keep away from vendor problems and just talk about the cities and/or storms we liked the least. There have been plenty of other places to vent frustrations w/ vendors and/or carriers.

I will say, hands down, Detroit was the worst place I ever worked! I was on handling mostly water backup claims. The roads were horrible, always under construction with several detours that never worked. The people weren't particularly nice, and there was no where to go after hours to have a good time.

Jennifer

Jimbo

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  18:30:00  Show Profile
Jennifer, I agree with Detroit being the WORST! Drove two days to get there and only got 7 claims. The gangs were so bad we could only wear white shirts and we had to stay out of certain neighborhoods after noon. And what's the deal with the left-turn lanes?
Go to Top of Page

mshort68

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  19:27:03  Show Profile
Enid, OK. Nothing there and nothing close. Also, Kearney, NE refer to prior statement. Give Detroit and break, and that is coming from someone who live in the South. Roads horrible, I agree, people are more friendly than Myrtle Beach. Gangs aren't as bad as N'awlins. But did I fail to mention that they had great, cheap golf.

1250adayminimum

The grass is always greener on the other side, but it still has to be mowed!
Go to Top of Page

Dadx9

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  23:13:17  Show Profile
Birmingham, Alabama. Scenery great, people great. I was there for 30 days and handled 100 files. Sounds good so far.... I did the unpardonable sin. The way the volume went I handled the entire state from B'ham..... Oh yeah the sin part. I scoped all 100 files before writing anything up. Fortunately the 4th of July weekend was a long one (4 days) and it rained all 4 days!!!! Writing up about 80 claims in 4 days. Maybe some of you remember my Toshiba Satellite 1910 with the 9 inch black & white screen with SIMSOL DOS program? (I miss my old friend.... and my #2 pencil). That was the worst CAT for me. Whew!!!! Think I'll have nightmares tonight.

Don
"To be held in the heart of a friend is to be a king."
Bruce Cockburn
Go to Top of Page

KileAnderson

USA
875 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  23:57:38  Show Profile
My worst cat ever was an auto hail cat in Alexandria, LA. I don't know how many of you have ever worked an auto hail cat for big red before, but it goes a little something like this. You have a tent in a parking lot big enough to park 8 cars under it. They drive in, you write the estimate and send them inside to settle up. You work 7-7 everyday. You see about 20 cars a day.

In Louisiana summer days are 98 degrees and the humidity is 100% all the time. To top it off TS Alison came through while we were there so we had to work 4 straight days in a torrential down poor, ankle deep in water the whole time. Several times the tent almost blew away. Immagine 8 guys each holding a tent pole to keep it from blowing away.

Then with all the flooding in Houston and New Orleans they pulled everyone they could spare to work those cats leaving us with a skeleton crew, but they didn't bother to scale back the schedule so 4 of us had to do 120 cars a day. The typical hail storm lasts 2 weeks, a long storm is 3 weeks, we were there for 6 weeks. The last 3 weeks we saw more self inflicted hail than the real stuff. Apparently everyone thought they could make a buck off of this. One day, the first 8 cars we saw had either no hail damage or damage other than hail. I will never forget that one.
Go to Top of Page

Davey

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  17:33:31  Show Profile
That's an easy call, Wichita, KS, June 92 hail event. I soon realized these folks had been down this path more than a few times. If I didn't give them what they wanted (EVERYTHING), a phone call to their agent took care of it. Felt helpless as the vendor and the company just bent over and I went from adjuster to cashier, over and over. But a well paid cashier!
Go to Top of Page

Manmut

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  10:40:58  Show Profile
The 1998 Minnesota hail storms. Two hail storms riding back-to-back on each other. More out-of-state vendors than you can shake a stick at, and the worst cases of neighboritis I've ever seen in my short adjusting career.

Patrick W. Laws
Go to Top of Page

olderthendirt

USA
370 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  11:10:51  Show Profile
Oklahoma City tornado, great food nice people no files, I was lucky I got enough work for gas and food, only Cat I have ever lost money on.
Go to Top of Page

slowhandfan

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  01:41:04  Show Profile
Detroit, Detroit, Detroit

Kerry A Freeman
Go to Top of Page

CatDaddy

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  07:53:49  Show Profile
How about my least favorite - most recent? Anyone ever heard of a little place called Ohio?

Be afraid....be very afraid!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000