Some of our Resources!

The National Adjuster Roster

The Roster is for all Independent Insurance Adjusters both catastrophe and non catastrophe that wish inform potential employers about their qualifications.

The Classifieds

Do you need adjusters? Have a product or provide a service for adjusters? Do you provide training, certification or licensing for adjusters? Do you have upcoming industry related event? Would you like to promote your business? Looking for work? If you answer yes to any of the questions above, then you have come to the right place! Our Classifieds provides a wide variety of general categories to place your classified ads under.

The Storm Page

This is the CADO version of a weather page. On this page we provide information on current weather events, links to weather sites and weather related discussions. All adjusters are invited to share weather information by posting it in the forum or adding your favorite weather links to the Resource Directory. Also, if you have photos of weather related damage please share them by adding them to the Photo Gallery.

About CatAdjuster.org ...

An Adjuster to Adjuster Community

CatAdjuster.org or CADO as it is called, is a site devoted to independent insurance adjusters, staff insurance adjusters and the claim handling industry, slanted toward catastrophe claims handling. The site provides information and resources through a collaborative effort from the membership, adjuster to adjuster. CADO was created in 1995 and was the first site devoted to insurance adjusters on the web, we were social networking, before that term became know.

View From the Slough, Too - The Art and Science of Branch Assist

By Steve Ebner

I originally wrote this article back in 2001, and hundred of people read it on CADO, but at some point the link to the article became bad. So, for years I have not even been able to access it. I thought the article was lost for good until I recently discovered it on an old backup data disk. Because the conditions in catadjusting in 2001 and 2007 are so similar, I thought it would be a good time to update and revise the article to make it more current and to repost it on CADO. I know there is a danger of sharing too many secrets about how to get by in this business, especially when so many thousands have been added to our ranks with the storms of 2004 and 2005. But it is mainly those with experience and knowledge that will be able to benefit from this information. And I have always been willing to help those who deserve to be helped.

Cat Adjusting as a Profession (Is It For Me?)

By Gary White

My son is now ready to go to college away from home and excluding approximately 21 months in an attempt to try something different in my life as a "financial planner", I have been adjusting, supervising or investigating claims for almost 27 years. By the way, I have worked my share of hail, wind, tornado and hurricane cats for other carriers so I know from whence I speak. Even during the time while I was trying to become a "financial planner", I supplemented my income with adjusting temp jobs and contract adjusting work.