Forums

Recent Posts

Hailracercreated the topic: DOT# In Iowa

Just a heads up for any and all working claims in IA with out of state plates. I had a good run of five months here this year and have been pulled ove...

1 day ago

Marie Nelsonreplied to: RE: Kenneth "Mike" Whidbee

Mike Whedbee.

3 days ago

Stephanie Bargholzreplied to: RE: Need help getting started as a CAT adjuster

I am a brand new adjuster, in fact still waiting for my license. I am located in Southern California and looking for a local Adjuster to ride along w...

3 days ago

Sean Peck asked the question Bermuda

1 week ago

Pondmanreplied to: RE: CougarPaws vs. Felt Waders

Don't forget the $2.98 bungee cord. 

1 week ago

Pondmanreplied to: RE: CougarPaws vs. Felt Waders

Not sure, but why don't you make a pair, climb a two story 12/12 pitch and do an analyses between the two.
Oh, and I'm sure you might win $100,000 if...

2 weeks ago

John Millsteadcreated the topic: CougarPaws vs. Felt Waders

Do you have experience with both CougarPaws and Felt bottomed waders?

2 weeks ago

Tim Wieneke, AICreplied to: RE: What state licenses should an adjuster have?

Rasar,
I got the NY license and of the 14 licenses I've gotten, it is the most difficult.  I don't know if California is harder.  Having th...

1 month ago

Rebeccareplied to: RE: What state licenses should an adjuster have?

Rasar,
I have my NY License and you want to know how difficult it is to obtain.  I believe it depends on your Persistence.  Independent Ins...

1 month ago

SpartanCATreplied to: RE: Rope Access Standards for Pitched Roofing Systems

Where, other than Texas, can an individual be ACRABAT trained? I live in Michigan but am very interested in getting this training. Thanks in ...

1 month ago

Catastrophe Central, Discuss, Share, Learn

SIMSOL VS XACTIMATE
Last Post 04/10/2013 7:40 PM by DFWadjuster. 67 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123
Author Messages
johnpostava
SIMSOL.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
08/18/2009 10:57 AM
Well said, Gale.
Olegred

--
08/19/2009 6:22 PM
Xact is the best out there. I worked Simsol, MSB, Powerclaim. They all are obsolete programs with no sketch capabilities. I can draw a VERY complicated roof in sketch and apply shingles in one click. And it takes me about 10 minutes to do that. Try doing it in Simsol. To be honest, Xact is so ahead of the game that it's not even comparable to the obsolete and awkward, designed 20 years ago things that you call estimating software by mistake. All of you get real, learn how to PROPERLY use Xactimate and be happy.
WILLIS

--
08/20/2009 1:43 AM
John, I have used and loved your product since 1994 You are correct not every Carrier requires Xactimate but those numbers are dwindling. Simsol approached business by satisfying the field adjuster with a user friendly product. Xactimate outwitted you. They could care less about the adjuster. Xactimate was originally intended just for Contractors but once State Farm saw its benfits in Andrew they moved to adjusters. They marketed their system to management of the Carrier via Xactanalysis. Their system allows the Carrier to follow their claim from day one to completion and track every move that adjuster makes each time they log in to input data. With that data they can determine which adjuster works their files more timely and reaches that glorious pinnacle The Closed File the quickest. And based on that historical they can decide who to hire first on the next claim. Trust me, the prime directive is close it fast.OK, no one wants a poor file, but the drive is closures. For those that think Xactimate is the most advanced only thing out their program just remember who is telling you that and drilling you Xactimate is the only way. With Xactimate you will be prone to mutliple errors. You will still need scratch paper and a calculator and still be doing reports in Word outside the program and that will just spell errors. With Simsol and Integriclaim I can do everything inside the program that will draw estimate amounts from Dwelling, APS, Contents estimates or ALE to make sure I do not make a 2AM error I can do an entire caption report in less than 5 minutes that is absolutely correct with each part of my estimate. If you can figure out how to make Simsol track files like Xactimate then sell that to Carriers you will get back alot of carriers that really do not like Xactimate but it just offers so many file tracking benefits and no one else has that.
Olegred

--
08/20/2009 1:49 AM

For those who do not know

in xactimate

spellcheck avilable? yes

Custom captioned reports available? yes

Like I said just learn xactimate and give up on old crap, Xact is the future.

okclarryd

--
08/20/2009 7:44 AM
give up on old crap, Xact is the future

Seems like I heard the same BS about Mobama.
Larry D Hardin
johnpostava
SIMSOL.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
08/20/2009 12:03 PM

Willis,
Ole really has a bone to pick about simsol (and all the other estimating systems enjoyed by so many adjusters)!.  Don't know why but he seems angry!  Simsol does have an electronic assignment and claims management system called ClaimsWire and we do have an estimate and claims analysis software product called Discovery.  These products allow our insurance carriers to dig deep into estimates and monitor their adjusters for both quality in the adjustment process and how efficiently they use the estimating software.   No adjuster that I know of has ever gotten fired by a carrier using our products – they are used to detect flaws that indicate the adjuster needs additional training in one or more areas. These products are being enjoyed by IA firms and about a dozen regional and state insurance carriers.  Most of our carriers don't hire cat adjusters and use their staff for storms.

I have access to a copy of X and have tried on more than a few occasions to learnboth the estimating platform and the drawing package (FYI, X holds a patent on the drawing-to-estimate workflow and won't allow anyone to build their own - it bogus and we would win if we fought it but I'd rather keep 2 million in the bank!)).  Now I know why there are so many "training" vendors for X - X needs them!  Adjusters get up and running with simsol in less than a day and never look back.

Ole, I am glad to see you are passionate about your software of choice and probably one of the few adjusters that have taken the countless hours to master X.   For me, this 50-year old dog would rather spend his time doing the estimate than drawing pictures - but that's me....

Thanks for listening...
WILLIS

--
08/20/2009 1:39 PM
John, Ole, must be a Snake Farm wannabe that is his choice
I am aware of Claimswire and Discovery both are better than X I have used the Xact from inside it is a tool for big brother People in management usually are not field trained and just expect immediate results I have seen adjusters lose all their files because they did not handle the 20 nightmares they just got in 2 days or less One would think Carriers could learn from lawsuits and PA's but if we have another Cat 4-5 through Miami out through Tampa these same carriers will want you on site the day after it hit if not before, ready to inspect and send all data on the internet forget there is no power, no water, no gas, no lodging all that is the field adjuster problems I guess we all need an RV with a tow behind car that gets 400 mpg + a portable tanker with 500 gals of gas + a satellite dish for internet + a soft smile, a kind word, and a thick skin because the Carrier will just want results I am 60 yrs old and been doing this for 37 yrs. I have made a career off re-working files carriers pushed their IA's to close in 2 days. Simsol eliminates most of the simple errors Xact creates You still have to know what you are doing, be willing to tell a carrier the truth and if they want it closed then close it but make it clear closed does not really mean closed. I have Xact and can use it effectively not much choice if you want to work but I import alot of Simsol into it
I would like to find a vendor that only uses Simsol so I do not have to pay rent of two estimate systems just to make a living. Have a great day.
Olegred

--
08/20/2009 2:16 PM

I am not angry guy, come on. I am just telling you that the future of the estimating software  is integration of graphical estimating with  estimating platform (sketch) and continuous feedback from the field adjuster via network (xactnet).  In Simsol you awkwardly draw room by room in an old CAD version that makes you wanna cry. No 3d rendering at all. For example with super cutup roofs that I handle every day (mixed slope, pitch, bunch of dormers) it is IMPOSSIBLE to work those in Simsol. Yes, it's a good database with friendly interface but that's not enough nowadays.  And the agrument "oh, gosh, I've been using it for 10 years and now I have to use another program" .. is ridiculours, get yourself into classroom and learn. Once you learn xact it is incredibly powerful program. Come on, carriers  switch to xact not only due to their marketing but also when they realize how good this program is.

Ray Hall

--
08/20/2009 3:37 PM
This topic with about four or five posters has confirmed what I was predicting was the future of of storm claims back in 2003. Roof measurements by satellite. Estimating programs that can be ran by high school computer nerds from home. Macro,s, copy and paste etc etc. 20 eye balls in the experience room and 50 FICUS taking photos will close 1,000 storm losses per day, quicker, more accurate, more QC and less expense than 200 "one adjuster one house" system used today. Ten adjusters instead of 200. And it will work. The cost per file for estimatics will be a real factor, with simplicity/cost the main focus
Olegred

--
08/20/2009 4:51 PM
Posted By Ray Hall on 20 Aug 2009 03:37 PM
This topic with about four or five posters has confirmed what I was predicting was the future of of storm claims back in 2003. Roof measurements by satellite. Estimating programs that can be ran by high school computer nerds from home. Macro,s, copy and paste etc etc. 20 eye balls in the experience room and 50 FICUS taking photos will close 1,000 storm losses per day, quicker, more accurate, more QC and less expense than 200 "one adjuster one house" system used today. Ten adjusters instead of 200. And it will work. The cost per file for estimatics will be a real factor, with simplicity/cost the main focus

:) Will not happen.  :)   Hail damage can not be determined from satellite. In fact I would even PREFER to have drawing of the roof done by eagleview, so I could just do my test squares and get off the roof. Second. Number of layers to remove, dripedge, valley metal, kind of shingles still have to be determined by an adjuster. Third, interior damages are not adjustable from out of space. Fourth, who is going to negotiate with a contractor?  :)

Ray Hall

--
08/20/2009 6:04 PM

Can a person look at a photo of a roof membrane and see physical damage ? Yes. Can a camera see moisture on the back side of a floor or wall? Yes. Can a person measure a roof, without ever getting on the roof? Yes. Can a person draw a foot print of the foundation and then add in the hips, gables, valleys, dormers and then add 15% and be within 50 SF ever time? Yes. Can a fire adjuster estimate a total fire loss on a dwelling and contents, if nothing but a slab exist or just ashes in an outline of the foundation... for that matter can a flood adjuster? Yes to both. Never happen. Happens several hundred times ever day. How does that happen?, if it never happen? How do adjusters settle losses if they never see the loss. They do somehow or they would not be paid for settling losses. What have I missed? It,s settled and thats what adjusters do

Olegred

--
08/20/2009 7:08 PM
As you say, it MAY BE applicable to a very smail amount of losses, mostly total losses. Never to hail, or wind. Adjusters, and I mean good adjusters will never be out of work. Technology just makes our work easier. If you know how to use it.
Ray Hall

--
08/20/2009 10:03 PM

I agree 100%, if you do not need adjusters to crawl on roofs. and they can be settled without crawling on a roof, what have I missed.?

Olegred

--
08/22/2009 1:10 AM
to illustrate my point... try drawing this http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...&encType=1 in simsol
BobH

--
08/22/2009 9:07 AM

That link isn't working too well, but I can see the neighborhood.

Yeah, those Atlanta area roofs are the most cut-up beasts.  Architects on drugs.  Whatever happened to those simple gable roofs that didn't have leaking valleys and skylights...

Bob Harvey
Tom Toll
Moderator & Life Member

--
08/22/2009 10:04 AM

A relative of mine is a home builder and told me, (which I already knew) that homes are being built with high cut up roofs to make the structure look bigger than it really is. It seem we americans are more interested in looks than we are simplicity. No wonder the housing market went to hell with the additional costs invovled in this construction methodology. We seem to have lost our zest for simplicity.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Olegred

--
08/23/2009 2:31 AM
Yeah... architects in the subdivision are trying to outdo each other, losing sense of appearance\functionality balance completely... Chimneys in valleys, skylights everywhere :)
DFWadjuster

--
04/10/2013 7:40 PM
Has this all been resolved? I have Simsol 5.1, I'm going to have to get Xactimate 27.5.   Are they going to play nice together on the same laptop?
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123

These Forums are dedicated to discussion of Claims Adjusting.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines: 
  • No Advertising. 
  • No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or others to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
  • No Flaming or Trolling.
  • No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
  • Terms of Use Apply

Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.

We are insurance adjusters that travel the world handling claims from natural and man-made catastrophes.