Friday, July 25, 2014
New Flood Adjusting Workshops 7-24 and 7-29
Menu

Catastrophe Central, Discuss, Share, Learn

SO YOU SAY YOUR AN ADJUSTER
Last Post 06/13/2012 1:17 PM by tonyd46. 26 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages Informative
tonyd46

--
06/13/2012 11:20 AM
This is just my opinion after 30plus years in the business. Over the years I have seen more and more companies during the off season try to get new and old adjusters to attend training classes with outlandish promises of deployment. The costs of these classes are high and to my knowledge they do not guarantee that after you finish their class you will be hired by anyone. This industry is basically run on a your as good as the last file you turned in. If your new to the industry your chances of being deployed with a quality vender in not good. No matter who courses you take. The best way to get with a quality vender is to apply directly to them let them know you’re a newbie and if at all possible they might give you a chance to work with a seasoned adjuster. I understand the need for training but you as an adjuster can attend workshops with various venders that have different venders participating and that offer Ce credits for attending. The only classes that are needed are the ones that get you your property adjuster’s license and your flood certification. In the off seasons I don't know to many adjusters that have 3 0r 4 hundred dollars laying around to spend on training that really does not guarantee deployment during an event. I have also seen over the years that some of these training classes use questionable tactics in getting you to sign up and make claims that they cannot back up. So to sum it up due your own due diligence and talk to other adjusters before you spend money for something you really don’t need.
tonyd46

--
06/13/2012 1:17 PM
WoW, It never seems to amaze me when someone with little or no experiance makes such a bold statement. Mr. Zap with an attitude like that I very much doubt that you will be working claims. Remember your only as good as your last file and doing roofing and construction is not the same as adjusting a loss according to policy guideline and exclusions. But please don't let any of us try to tell you what to do. It looks like you know everything you need to know to fail. Have a great day.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12