Forums

Recent Posts

Dale Strain replied to: RE: Xactimate 28 questions

Chase, Regarding the FCN # - you need to go to into the estimate and then to Insured Info>Personnel>Claim Rep>Edit Claim Rep and enter your FCN numb...

2 weeks ago

James O'Brienreplied to: RE: Introducing EquiX

Just to update. We are adding home & office furniture and home electronics/cameras/computers categories for those that do residential claims and would...

2 weeks ago

JW Caldwellreplied to: RE: Staff Adjuster Looking to go Independent

You might want to consider what kind of adjuster you plan to be: daily or catastrophe? Thank you for your quick and informative response. That is...

2 weeks ago

Chase Wagnercreated the topic: Xactimate 28 questions

Hello everyone. 
I am new to Xactimate software coming from Simsol. I am trying to figure out how to attach my FCN number to the final report on...

2 weeks ago

AcceleratedAdjusterreplied to: RE: Staff Adjuster Looking to go Independent

Yes, you can make more than that, and yes, you will put in a lot of 80+ hour weeks to do so. The upside is that your time as an IA is rewarded with bi...

2 weeks ago

JW Caldwellcreated the topic: Staff Adjuster Looking to go Independent

Looking for information on going independent

2 weeks ago

mbradburyreplied to: RE: Xact 28 estimating ELE, HVAC, PLM, etc

I appreciate your follow-up.  I was familiar with what you were talking about, and I think their sales pitch is more hype than reality.  Tha...

2 weeks ago

mbradburycreated the topic: Xact 28 estimating ELE, HVAC, PLM, etc

Properties for Construction Assemblies

3 weeks ago

Robert Thompsoncreated the topic: Company Info

I am new to adjusting and have a question about a company that has an employment ad on this site. Does anyone have experience with National Claims Adj...

3 weeks ago

Catastrophe Central, Discuss, Share, Learn

Desk Assignments
Last Post 02/12/2012 10:25 AM by stormcrow. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
debcutchshaw

--
02/08/2012 3:11 PM
    Is it common for someone from a conracting firm to contact an adjuster about a possible desk assignment that would not take place for possibly another month?  I have tried following up on this and I never hear back from this person - they won't respond to my emails or return my phone calls and they're the ones that contacted me to begin with.  Is this common?
    okclarryd

--
    02/09/2012 12:20 PM
    I think you're on a dead-end street. Move on.

Happy Trails
    Larry D Hardin
    Leland

--
    02/10/2012 3:03 PM
    sounds kinda like internet dating.
    stormcrow

--
    02/12/2012 10:25 AM
    I found this usually means they are in discussions and want to see how many peopel they can promise. Don't quit your day job, mostly these do not happen.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to discussion of Claims Adjusting.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines: 
    • No Advertising. 
    • No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or others to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
    • No Flaming or Trolling.
    • No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
    • Terms of Use Apply

Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.

We are insurance adjusters that travel the world handling claims from natural and man-made catastrophes.