Forums

Recent Posts

Marie Nelsonreplied to: RE: Kenneth "Mike" Whidbee

Mike Whedbee.

2 hours ago

Stephanie Bargholzreplied to: RE: Need help getting started as a CAT adjuster

I am a brand new adjuster, in fact still waiting for my license. I am located in Southern California and looking for a local Adjuster to ride along w...

4 hours ago

Sean Peck asked the question Bermuda

6 days ago

Pondmanreplied to: RE: CougarPaws vs. Felt Waders

Don't forget the $2.98 bungee cord. 

1 week ago

Pondmanreplied to: RE: CougarPaws vs. Felt Waders

Not sure, but why don't you make a pair, climb a two story 12/12 pitch and do an analyses between the two.
Oh, and I'm sure you might win $100,000 if...

1 week ago

John Millsteadcreated the topic: CougarPaws vs. Felt Waders

Do you have experience with both CougarPaws and Felt bottomed waders?

2 weeks ago

Tim Wieneke, AICreplied to: RE: What state licenses should an adjuster have?

Rasar,
I got the NY license and of the 14 licenses I've gotten, it is the most difficult.  I don't know if California is harder.  Having th...

3 weeks ago

Rebeccareplied to: RE: What state licenses should an adjuster have?

Rasar,
I have my NY License and you want to know how difficult it is to obtain.  I believe it depends on your Persistence.  Independent Ins...

3 weeks ago

SpartanCATreplied to: RE: Rope Access Standards for Pitched Roofing Systems

Where, other than Texas, can an individual be ACRABAT trained? I live in Michigan but am very interested in getting this training. Thanks in ...

1 month ago

SpartanCATreplied to: RE: Steep Roof - Rope and Harness

Is anyone aware of any rope and harness training courses in the salt lake city, Utah area?

1 month ago

Catastrophe Central, Discuss, Share, Learn

Do you have a Xactimate question? Answers from certified Xactimate Affiliate Trainer - Xact FAQ
Last Post 01/01/2014 2:24 AM by CatAdjusterX. 36 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
hossknot

--
03/14/2012 9:55 AM
Hi there. I am trying to make an scetch with a sloped floor! One side of the room has a ramp for wheelchair access, and the other side has the slope difference made up with steps. Can't figure out how to slope the floor, only the ceiling!
Thanks very much!
Jud G.

--
03/19/2012 3:20 PM

Regarding tic-sheets, I don't use them.  

I use graph paper and only draw diagrams.  My camera records the scope for both structural and contents damages.  The contents photos provide macro views of make, model, and serial numbers.

I've been doing it this way since '05 and it works great for me with large and small losses.

Pforecast

--
05/02/2012 9:30 PM
I recently had an adjuster show me that he could lable his photos using the Function Keys.  F1 was Front Elevation, F2 was Left Elevation, etc.  He opened his photos in the claim, place his cursor in the Image Name box and then hit the corresponding Function Key.  This is a shortcut that will help me label photos faster and I thought others could use it, too.  Any help would be appreciated.
preatis

--
07/09/2012 3:34 PM
Posted By Lindy on 04 Sep 2010 12:42 PM
I have switched over to 27.1 and I can't for the life of me figure out how to automatically figure waste factoring on sketch roofs.

Unfortunately the auto sketch feature requires a creative touch unless your images are purchased from Pictometry or other roof imaging software. Even when using this the features are difficult for non CAD people and manual adjustments tend to remove the previous "auto" calculations. Below is a great free step by step training manual for FREE imaging using google maps, MapsGL and  Google Earth. 

http://rightbrothersgc.com/Contract...bsp; 

BigBoat

--
11/05/2012 12:57 AM

I have Xact 25, it crashed, I have pulled out the estimates by going to

C: \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Xactware\Xactimate25\xm8\data\estimates\instance=0

I pasted them into an active xact 25 at same location but they won't show up when I open Xact 25.    They look just like the the ones that do show up and are in the same file location.   Any ideas

mo.cat.adjuster

--
11/18/2012 9:10 AM
I need to make a bay window roof. I used the Bay window with roof but once in place, I can't update the proper measurements. I don't need the window, just the roof. Any help?
c.crone

--
12/04/2012 9:51 AM
Is there any shortcuts to labeling photos in Xactimate?
dparsons

--
08/02/2013 2:19 PM
Has anyone else had a problem with the latest Xactimate small update causing Xactimate to crash and burn. Right now, I am #11 in the Live Support Que and started about an hour ago at #39.
Catmandale

--
08/03/2013 9:27 PM
I also had problems with the small update. My issue was that the install would hang up. They finally helped me by taking over my computer, loading and changing many file settings. This was when I tried out Xact28 on a win8. I have since downgraded back to 27.5 on a win7 computer.

I hope they can fix your issue.

Wagenmaster

--
08/04/2013 5:10 PM

dparsons,

did you ever get straightened out? I too had this problem when I downloaded the new price lists. It just told me that a small update was available, but I never was able to get it installed. I even went to XM8 and asked for an answer and even got a reference number and they said that they would get back w/ me. That was two months ago and I still have not got an answer from them.  Same thing when I downloaded the new Aug price list. I'm running 27.5 w/ Win. 7.

dlubrano01

--
12/31/2013 1:39 PM

I am looking for some advice on passing the xactimate 28 level 1 certification test. Has any one else had trouble passing the test?

Thanks

CatAdjusterX

--
01/01/2014 2:24 AM
Posted By dlubrano01 on 12/31/2013 1:39 PM

I am looking for some advice on passing the xactimate 28 level 1 certification test. Has any one else had trouble passing the test?

Thanks

Study!! 

"A good leader leads..... ..... but a great leader is followed !!" CatAdjusterX@gmail.com
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to discussion of Claims Adjusting.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines: 
  • No Advertising. 
  • No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or others to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
  • No Flaming or Trolling.
  • No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
  • Terms of Use Apply

Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.

We are insurance adjusters that travel the world handling claims from natural and man-made catastrophes.